Dinner Sunday, September 11, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1479576_0_4190695b186a69d0fd941e80b2965d25.jpg

We where going to have roast, but my thermometer failed and well it became lovely pulled pork instead. It tasted lovely of apples, whisky and allspice. I hope to make a roast soon, but sadly my clay pot from the 60.ties broke.

In spite of your issues, CakePoet, that dinner looks tasty.

Like Cheryl said, it's good to see your dinners showing up again, taxy!

Joey, another gem of a meal.

GG, you live in the south and you've never made green beans and potatoes? :huh: When I've done them (long ago, but your post made me think it's time again), I also sauteed bacon and, maybe, a bit of red onion. Nice sear on the scallops, BTW. :yum:

I will never forget 9-11. I watched the smoke from the towers hanging in the air from my backyard for what seemed like an eternity until all smoldering was out. Rest in peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had leftover chili over brown rice.

GG, you live in the south and you've never made green beans and potatoes? :huh: When I've done them (long ago, but your post made me think it's time again), I also sauteed bacon and, maybe, a bit of red onion. Nice sear on the scallops, BTW. :yum:

Nope, never made them before. I will be making them more often, though. I like your recipe better than the one I found - a splash of white balsamic vinegar would be delicious :yum:

I didn't want to take the time to cook bacon, so I sautéed the onion in bacon fat from the fridge.

Last edited:
Here, too. They were $18 for the pound. An occasional treat. It will be a while before we have them again.

Andy and GG, that's about what they are here, too. I usually just ask them to pick me out 5 or so nice ones for a one time dinner, since it's just me here. It usually comes out to around $6 or $7, if I recall correctly. :) I also try to buy them on Thursdays or Sundays, as that's when their seafood deliveries arrive.

Back
Top Bottom