Dinner Thurs. Aug. 28, '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Thought I'd give this an early start.

We're having pan seared loin lamb chops seasoned with Herbs de Provence, oven roasted asparagus, and my rice pilaf. Half cup of jasmine rice, half cup of orzo, browned in butter and oil. I add sliced shallots, chopped mushrooms to the saute', and then a handful of golden raisins, with two cups of rich chicken broth and one tablespoon of curry powder. Simmered for 15 min on low, fluffed, and add some toasted slivered almonds to the mix. Very tasty.

Last edited:
I'm grilling some chicken thighs. I'll make a cup of rice pilaf and a veggie to go with it. Not sure if I'll do a salad or green beans.

I'll be having a tostada on a crispy fried corn tortilla with the last of the refried beans, topped with shredded lettuce, homemade pico de gallo, chopped avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. A dollop of sour cream on top.

Last edited:
I think I'll make what Cheryl's having, got some leftover taco meat to use up.

Nada here. Not hungry. I was on site today--I'm knackered--despite taking the back roads, I still encountered yet MORE road construction so it took longer to get there and back. At least I didn't have to deal with City traffic. The fuses on the stove blew last night when I went to roast the bones in the oven to make stock from Conrad's bones. Actually, the oven element failed and caught on fire. Once I had that under control, it was 2:00 a.m. Tonight I'm too tired to deal with that tonight, just hoping I don't have to swap out the stove for the "back up" one that is in the barn. I am not hungry enough to drag out the electric frying pan or electric griddle. I see a glass (or two) of wine in my future tonight in lieu of cooking something once the girls go to bed and I can call it a day.

Last edited:
This was not a great day for me so I'm not up to cooking tonight. DH just left to pick up a pizza from our neighborhood pizza joint. Great stuff. The owner has the best New York Italian accent :)

I had lots of leftover things in the fridge - smoked salmon, green onions, bits of cheese, etc. - and so I made up a macaroni & cheese dish of sorts. It actually came out really good.

img_1383299_0_604f17c9369b33304945580e2ce402b5.jpg

I cut up a duck today and put most of it in the slow cooker this morning to make confit in order to make up a batch of rilettes tomorrow. I saved the breast for tonight's dinner. Marinated it in ginger, garlic, 5 spice powder. Fried up and served with a balsamic reduction drizzle, all served on a bed of couscous.

I cut up a duck today and put most of it in the slow cooker this morning to make confit in order to make up a batch of rilettes tomorrow. I saved the breast for tonight's dinner. Marinated it in ginger, garlic, 5 spice powder. Fried up and served with a balsamic reduction drizzle, all served on a bed of couscous.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 170
CWS, that's a shame about the stove. Hope the easiest way to get up to speed is the way that works.

GG, hope you feel better tomorrow.

We had fried fish, homemade potato wedges (got a super deal on russets) and the Chief's recipe of coleslaw. Very good, but I could do without the onion. Maybe next time I'll take some out for me and add onions to Himself's share.

Steve and Rock, those pictures are making me drool.... :ohmy: :yum: Everyone's dinners sound especially good tonight!

GG, hope you feel better soon, and that tomorrow is a better day.

I'll be having a tostada on a crispy fried corn tortilla with the last of the refried beans, topped with shredded lettuce, homemade pico de gallo, chopped avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. A dollop of sour cream on top.

img_1383323_0_8fb9eed5d293a97b6e71d63cda91cd23.jpg

Yum! Mine looked just like that, Cheryl, minus the avocado, queso fresco, and the fact that I let DH pile his up before I made mine. So I got 1/8th teaspoon of meat filling and one bean. Otherwise, our tostadas could be twins!

I have some chicken, mozzarella and artichoke sausage ready to saute. I'll add some tortellini sauced in marinara, some fresh basil, blobs of fresh mozzarella ( to create puddles of melted cheese) and call it "Pasta Surprise." It's a surprise I made dinner on such a hot night. Salad. Surprise.

Yum! Mine looked just like that, Cheryl, minus the avocado, queso fresco, and the fact that I let DH pile his up before I made mine. So I got 1/8th teaspoon of meat filling and one bean. Otherwise, our tostadas could be twins!

:LOL: The noive!

CWS, that's a shame about the stove. Hope the easiest way to get up to speed is the way that works.

GG, hope you feel better tomorrow.

We had fried fish, homemade potato wedges (got a super deal on russets) and the Chief's recipe of coleslaw. Very good, but I could do without the onion. Maybe next time I'll take some out for me and add onions to Himself's share.
Thanks, CG. I'm just not up to swapping out a stove/range right now. I have cukes that need to be processed, etc. Conrad's bones are in the toaster oven. Hope that works. Thankfully, I have two of them. I didn't have enough freezer room to hold these bones. But I so want stock to make (1) Norwegian Sailor Stew, and (2) braised beef with brandy, orange, and lemon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom