Dinner Tonight? Thursday, December 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broiled salmon with a lemon,butter,dill sauce, baked potatoes, green beans, with butter and almonds and a small green salad with pears,dry cranberries,some feta and an asian vinegrete. A piece of Tres Leches cheese cake to share..
kadesma

We need a break from ham, so I'm fixing salmon patties tonight. DH went his whole life thinking he hated them, until I fixed them for the grandson one night, and now he loves them. I think we'll have mac & cheese and peas to go with.
gad that sounds wonderful, wish I was home to cook too.
but alas, am not so it'll be salad for me in my hotel room.
Fisher's Mom, you will love your french skillet! When I was away all summer cooking at a camp and we had a house/dog sitter I hid my skillet in my bedroom closet. I mean I love the girl who stayed like a daughter....but I love my skillet more. Anyway, for dinner tonight I am teaching a friend how to make Gnocchi Parisienne from scratch and then since DH is working she and I will test it out with a Caesar salad and garlic herb bread!
.........let's see, Surrey BC is how far?:-p Laurie, would you mind posting that recipe somewhere in DC? I'd love to try it myself. Having made gnocchi myself many times, the problem is not making a tough dough. After watching the Top Chef allstars a few weeks ago, I saw that Sommelier Steven couldn't even do a tender gnocchi. I'm more than willing to attempt this effort as we love the stuff. Thanks in advance if it wouldn't be too much trouble.;)

Tonight I am making my curried chicken (using a Granny Smith apple instead of the usual Gala), left over candied sweet potatoes and pan-fried cornbread.

Broiled salmon with a lemon,butter,dill sauce, baked potatoes, green beans, with butter and almonds and a small green salad with pears,dry cranberries,some feta and an asian vinegrete. A piece of Tres Leches cheese cake to share..
kadesma

I thought about that as well, as I bought some salmon, but I put it in the freezer also.

Chicken breasts in a Dijon mustard/white wine/garlic/lemon sauce.

I shop for supplies/vittles every two weeks and on those days, it's Buck's day to cook. Today was said shopping day and we were supposed to have had scallop quiche and spinach salad. However, Buck begged off, stating some sort of body pain and asked if, instead, we could do a "mini" reenactment of Christmas dinner.

Hey, who am I to argue? I LOOOOOOVE turkey, stuffing, etc. and there are plenty of leftovers. So...guess what we're having?

That's okay. The scallops will hit the freezer for another time.

Yeah! Turkey again!!!:):):)

Last edited:
easy dinner

had a guest here last night for dinner. made a pasta dish. frido pasta cooked chicken garlic, butter and one package of creamed spinach. parm cheese stired in and on top.

left overs were my dinner. also had corn muffins with some of my daughter's good homemade jam.

babe:)

last night, dw made an absolutely delicious ham shank, haricot vert, and veggie yellow rice.

i'm looking forward to leftovers, and making pea soup. i have to go search to see what i did last time i made soup. i'm glad i posted it here 'cause all of that info got pushed out of my brain by other stuff. :huh:

gad that sounds wonderful, wish I was home to cook too.
but alas, am not so it'll be salad for me in my hotel room.

.........let's see, Surrey BC is how far?:-p Laurie, would you mind posting that recipe somewhere in DC? I'd love to try it myself. Having made gnocchi myself many times, the problem is not making a tough dough. After watching the Top Chef allstars a few weeks ago, I saw that Sommelier Steven couldn't even do a tender gnocchi. I'm more than willing to attempt this effort as we love the stuff. Thanks in advance if it wouldn't be too much trouble.;)

I will be happy to post it. I am just going out to get groceries - have to rely on DH between working shifts as we are having an unnaturaly white Christmas season and even though I am from the prairies, I do not drive in the stuff here! Anyway the gnocchi turned out great and my "student" went home with a few of my cookbooks under her arm!

Anyway the gnocchi turned out great and my "student" went home with a few of my cookbooks under her arm!
I will patiently wait for it to be posted. I'm in Calgary, just drive beyond the market and keep going till you get here:LOL:
and listen, what cookbooks? do you have some? what kinds? what do they include? can you tell, I'm interested.

My parents and I had taco salad for dinner. I was not impressed with the quality of the ground beef, it was too fatty for me. The last time I went grocery shopping I made the mistake of buying the 15%, I normally buy the 7%.

Back
Top Bottom