Dinner Tuesday 15th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yum! Basil pesto pasta and garlic bread! Love it :) Minus the chicken lol!

I'm making curry and rice with soft beef shin and whatever veg I can find at the shop.

Thank you Kylie :) I've got the curry in the oven now. I used baby potatoes, tomato and onion, chopped green beans and carrots. Kept it basic. Only used veg that can cook for a long time.

Stuffed cabbage with cranberry/tomato sauce, cooked in the slow cooker.

I was thinking one thing, then decided I would rather make a meat loaf. So into the oven it is. (I have visions of meatloaf sandwiches for lunch tomorrow). I popped a baked potato and some delicata squash in the oven for dinner today. And there are salad makings with cukes and tomatoes.

All this talk about quesadillas, may have to do that. Or nachos, I have a fresh bag of Tostitos. And rice, probably without salt.

Last edited:
No salt, Dawg? You're really living on the culinary edge :LOL:

Since you aren't having tacos, I guess I'll have to. :chef:

I'm baking some chicken in rice and will heat up some green beans when the chicken is done. Still fighting a cold and not up for anything labor intensive.

Miserable, cold, windy, icy afternoon leading into evening. Knowing this this morning, I filled the crock-pot with a couple of pounds of soaked great northern beans, a 2-pound smoked ham shank, lots off chopped onions and garlilc, some bay leaves and a little water. By lunchtime the house smelled heavenly. To compound the sensory overload, I just put a pan of cornmeal yeast rolls in the oven.

Then.....tonight's supper will be white beans and ham shanks, cornmeal yeast rolls with butter, iced tea and finish with apple crisp for dessert. For us, it's ALL comfort food.

No salt, Dawg? You're really living on the culinary edge :LOL:

Since you aren't having tacos, I guess I'll have to. :chef:

:LOL: I'm trying a variation on Andy's Spanish rice recipe, with black Forbidden Rice. Smells really good.

I'm finishing off the tomato mac-and-cheese I made on Saturday. I was watching Cook's Country on Saturday and decided since I had everything in the house, including some roasted, diced tomatoes I'd prepped during tomato season, I gave it a whirl. Added jalapeno peppers. Next time, I think I'll add some bacon.

Kolbasi / kielbasa, cole slaw, and some slices home baked whole wheat / rye flour blend artisan bread + Sam Adams lager. I'm starting to fully appreciate that Kitchen Aid 7 quart mixer and my Hearthkit oven insert.

Tonight was one of my "famous" :LOL: "toss in" dinners where I start with a meat and just throw stuff in until I'm satisfied. I started with boneless/skinless chicken tenders (not breaded). I added a large can of tomatoes, a quartered onion, some kind of all-purpose McCormick spice blend, covered it and cooked until nearly done. Then I found a bag of Thai-style stir-fry vegetables in the freezer, so I added half a bag of that and one of the two soy-ginger sauce packets that were included with the vegetables. It was a little spicy for James, so he didn't have seconds, but I loved it. I still have half a pack of the vegetables and one more pack of the soy-ginger sauce, so I will make something with beef next time. I will have that and give James something he will like better.

Back
Top Bottom