Dinner Tuesday Feb 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In honor of Helen Mirren's Oscar win as The Queen, we will do our part to be beefeaters tonight and dine on boneless ribeyes. And will drink to HRM's health.

Daughter wants to have HB's dinner, and so she shall.

JohnL said:
NYTimes bread and something:chef:

What is NYTimes bread? I see this on here and wonder. As far as my dinner, it is a bit lame. I have been cooking since I got home from work for tomorrow night's family dinner. Tonight we are having leftover chili, leftover pizza, f.f with ice cream for dessert.

Since the lil'Chefs and I ate out at Central Market today, I made DH for his 4pm lunch French toast. Gonna start a new batch of fresh bread in an hr or so and we'll have (or at least DH will) fresh bread with scrambled eggs when he gets home around 9:30.

I pounded some boneless skinless chicken breasts thin & dredged them in some seasoned flour (seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, granulated garlic). Then sauted them in some extra-virgin olive oil & set them on a bed of chopped cooked spinach that had been tossed with butter & diced feta cheese. Squeezed some fresh lemon juice over all.

I'm making burgers tonight with a variety of accompaniments: caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. We have leftover fried zucchini from this weekend, so I'm using that as a side instead of fries. :)

This afternoon I went over to my 80+ year old neighbor's house and shoveled out the snow away from her bird feeders. As a thank you she gave me a container of chili and one of minestrone soup. :) I had the minestrone soup for dinner with a whole grain sourdough bread. But if could I would join DampCharcoal for his dinner, which sounded delicious.

Back
Top Bottom