Dinner Wednesday, 3-19-2014 ~ Wonder what's Cookin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner's already done for today. :w00t: I decided last night that today would be Cook's Day Off. I took the pan of Sicilian Spaghetti Bake from the freezer - the extra that didn't fit into the other baking pan when I made it a few weeks back. Also, when making salads last night I cut up extra veggies for a crudite platter for tonight, and mixed a small bowl of dip. Meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea if I'll ever get anything constructive done with all this time on my hands...:ermm:

What's going on your plate?

We're having chile cheeseburgers made with green chilies for a topping along with pepperjack cheese.

I have my physical at 5:30pm tonight so supper will be after that. I won't feel much like cooking when I get home. There's plenty to eat in the fridge though. There's meatballs in sauce and leftover Mexican beef and salad fixings so I should be able to rustle up something to eat rather quickly.

Due to a rather frantic day I had my main meal at 3.45 this afternoon - linner or dunch - I'm not sure which.

I had to go out to do various errands so linner or dunch was in my favourite delli. Smoked salmon terrine (made on the premises), green salad (baby spinach, aragula, tiny cherry tomatoes and red onions with vinaigrette dressing) coleslaw and chunks of their home made bread and butter followed by rhubarb and custard tart with cream. Just a light snack, you understand, to put me on 'til my next meal which will probably be breakfast - the terrine and salad was on the "light" snack meal list on the menu but the slab of terrne was about 4 inches square and about 1.5 inches thick. The deli proprietors have no understanding of the concept of a light "snack"!! :)

Stirling went to the dentist today, so he wanted something easy to chew. I wasn't feeling very energetic, so I just made the creamy version of Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe | Simply Recipes. I've made it several times before and it has always been good, but it really turned out great this time. The sauce was smooth and oh so tasty. Stirling agrees it was worth getting a micro-plane. I use it on the Parmigiano Regiano. 1/3 cup of Parm weighs about 15 grams.

I baked bone in chix breasts, with garlic rosemary thyme Butter. Pretty good. Crispy brown skin. Chicken gravy on mashed potatoes. Green beans. Angel food cake with macerated and sliced strawberries.

Rosemary pork stuffed w/garlic,shallot et
39817-albums888-picture5867.jpg
c.

I have been so very busy lately!

We had a beef stew tonight. DA always likes this!

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom