Dinner Wednesday 3rd of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scrambled eggs (1/2 & ½, salt & pepper) added to red pepper and onion (sautéed in butte till soft) and cook to soft set, sliced tomato (seasoned with my AP seasoning mix, oregano and EVOO) and pan fried potatoes (potatoes, onion and red pepper seasoned with salt and ground pepper cooked in butter & oil till soft and browned).

img_1033055_0_7f56bb907a05e3baa62f1c031c0c8ec3.jpg

Change of plans.
I just took the smaller filet mignon out of the freezer to thaw (from the 2-pack I bought last week) and will round it out with a cluster or two of snow crab legs, mushrooms gratin and a couple smashed redskins. Come to think of it, I've got half a zucchini left from the other night, too, so I'll also toss a few slices of zucchini on the grill.

I was smart enough to throw some scalloped potatoes in the crock pot this morning so with them we had fried pork chops with portabella mushrooms and a huge salad. Just too tired to do anything else. On the up side it should only be about two more days before the entire house has been painted inside. Then the carpets can be cleaned and we can begin the big move. So much to look forward to, so much work that is!

Well--my dad brought fresh walleye home from the locker plant...I was going to make grilled sirloin steak, fresh corn on the cob, and a tossed salad. I'll have to see what the "oldsters" want. Or, I could do surf-and-turf with some of the steak and some of the walleye...now there's an idea!

My better half, finally made it home last night, so I made a pasta dish that I have been waiting to make for a few days. Fetuccine, with chicken, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, in a white wine/rose cream sauce. Salad and some marinated, spicey olives. I got to crack that bottle of Pino Grigio I have had chilled since the weekend. Birthday cake for dessert rounds out a decadent night. Couch time!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 204
SNICKERDOODLE !!! I'm so happy to see you again honey!!

DL........can't wait to hear how you like your new stovetop smoker !!

Beautiful pictures as usual.

Nothing exciting going on here in the way of food. It will be clean out refrigerator night, and I'll be happy to have water for the first time today.
I was soaped up in my morning shower when the water stopped. Good thing I wasn't washing my hair too. Towel dried and pattered my way to the kitchen to get some bottled water to return to shower and rinse off. AGGGGH!!

Turned out to be a water main break with the City's responsibility, but DANG!!

Kayelle said:
SNICKERDOODLE !!! I'm so happy to see you again honey!!

DL........can't wait to hear how you like your new stovetop smoker !!

Beautiful pictures as usual.

Nothing exciting going on here in the way of food. It will be clean out refrigerator night, and I'll be happy to have water for the first time today.
I was soaped up in my morning shower when the water stopped. Good thing I wasn't washing my hair too. Towel dried and pattered my way to the kitchen to get some bottled water to return to shower and rinse off. AGGGGH!!

Turned out to be a water main break with the City's responsibility, but DANG!!

Shoot, Kayelle, what a pain! We are on a well system here, and sometimes lightening kills the pump.

LOVE the little smoker! I currently smell like alderwood (and my mother smells of elderberries-MP ref, sorry) because I kept sliding the lid open. Much chastisement from DH. The swai was beautifully smoked and cooked perfectly. It did take longer to cook, my fault. I have a glasstop, so I brought out my Berghoff induction burner, which I had forgotten about. Worked like a charm! I have chicken breast thawed to do it again. Maybe even yet tonight! Thanks for your advice! Much smokage will be happening.

Last edited:
Shoot, Kayelle, what a pain!

LOVE the little smoker! I currently smell like alderwood (and my mother smells of elderberries-MP ref, sorry) because I kept sliding the lid open. Much chastisement from DH. The swai was beautifully smoked and cooked perfectly. I have a glasstop, so I brought out my Berghoff induction burner, which I had forgotten about. Worked like a charm! I have chicken breast thawed to do it again. Maybe even yet tonight! Thanks for your advice!

:clap::punk: So glad to hear, DL !!

Change of plans.
I just took the smaller filet mignon out of the freezer to thaw (from the 2-pack I bought last week) and will round it out with a cluster or two of snow crab legs, mushrooms gratin and a couple smashed redskins. Come to think of it, I've got half a zucchini left from the other night, too, so I'll also toss a few slices of zucchini on the grill.

Everything hit the spot. I almost hated covering up the perfect grill marks with a SSU egg, but it is what it is :)
Ended up cooking all three clusters, too. I knew that I would ;) No butter needed, The Old Bay seasoning was enough.

Everything hit the spot. I almost hated covering up the perfect grill marks with a SSU egg, but it is what it is :)
Ended up cooking all three clusters, too. I knew that I would ;) No butter needed, The Old Bay seasoning was enough.
"SSU egg" ?

wow, what an intriguiging combo pac.

ssu egg on a steak is fantastic as the yolk becomes a sauce, but it's another level when you add crab.

i have to make this soon, but i think i'll stack 'em up. put the crab between the filet and egg. :chef:

bacon wrapped, maybe? what a great breakfast this would make.

ok, so i worked late again, then picked up wendy's fries, salad, and a soda, and made a coupla cheeburgers at home.

i passed out around 3, and woke up around 6 to watch baseball and pretend to go hillbilly handfishing (knoodling) with my son under the new coffee table.
watched another hour of shark week, and now i'm back to work.

dinner will be something from a diner. maybe a rueben, or the 3 eggs deluxe platter.

Ok I figured it out a minute ago. LOL But why put an egg on the filet? Loco surf and turf? LOL Isn't it usually a hamburger in Loco Moco?

Yes, what Bucky said. The yolk becomes a sauce.
I saw a French guy do it on a cooking show where he was teaching a woman how to grill. I tried it and liked it, so do it every now and then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom