Dinner Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm late to the party and I'm still first in line? Since we had another nice meal, I need to show off. :giggle:

I made two meatloafs,one for us and one for Loverly and Company. Seeing as she is going to the dentist for a drill-and-fill, I hope she appreciates the soft food. We had potato patties from (planned) leftover mashed, and two veggies - Brussels sprouts for Himself and asparagus for me.

20240228_230226.jpg

What did you have for supper?

Last edited:
I still haven't cooked my griddle dinner meant for Monday. I did pan cook the shrimp in the seasoning I'm using for the dish (shrimp fried rice), because you can't keep thawed shrimp more than a day or two in the fridge.

The problem last night was that I'm taking Amoxicillin for the abscess in my mouth, and that stuff is hard on the gut. I just grazed on light mini-meals.

Seems the cooking gods are determined not to let me cook this fried rice, on my new Blackstone griddle. Maybe tonight??? I can just toss the cooked shrimp in the mix toward the end to warm through.

CD

I made a chole masala yesterday, with green chickpeas, I soaked overnight. I then just pressure cooked those for an hour in the Instant Pot, and let it release, and it was barely cooked! I drained the chana, and started the generous cup of onions in the IP in Sauté mode in a little olive oil, and in about 5 minutes added 4 large minced cloves of garlic, and about 3 tb of that chana masala powder I made up, stirred about 30 seconds, then added a pint of tomato purée, and simmered, while adding 3/4 tsp turmeric, and a tsp of garam masala, and added the chana, plus about half the liquid, and a generous 4 cups of chopped kale and bok choy, brought to a simmer, then cooked about 30 min. Not quite thick enough, so I also added about a half cup of steel cut oats, and about ¼ cup of red lentils, set it to pressure cook 3 minutes, then let it release naturally. Turned out great!

Meanwhile, I cooked some flatbread to eat with it - some jowar roti, which I pressed out in a tortilla press, since the sorghum flour has no gluten, like masa.
A jowar roti, pressed out in a tortilla press - works well because there is no gluten. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A jowar roti, to serve with the chole masala, cooked in a CI pan I use for a lot of small flatbreads. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The finished chole masala, made with some green chickpeas, a bunch of greens, a small amount of red lentils, and some steel cut oats. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

wow @pepperhead212 that looks and sounds good.

I had a no meat hamburger with all the fixings. It was one of those burger sandwiches that is a couple inches thick with the bread/tomatoes/lettuce/fixings. Why didn't I take a picture! I finally repeated a recipe that worked for making the veggie burger, some rice-any solid type(black or brown), some beans (red, black, pinto), cooked vegetables (onions, peppers, celery, diced very small), cashews blended with water, spices, herbs, a ball flattened into crispy bread crumbs to coat both sides, baked for 30 minutes, then they can be frozen and rewarmed by any method. Mine was delicious last night. Mr bliss plans to have one for lunch today.

Some Lobster tails popped out of the freezer, forgotten they were there! Had gotten them as they were on special (comparatively speaking that is).

Luckily there was no freezer burn... Yay!!!

Unluckily I steamed them just a tad too long and they were a little chewy - but the flavour was there.

Think I wrote this at 5am - and forgot to post! LOL again!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom