Fish Hash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potatoes for sure and onions. That would make a pretty good hash. We've made something similar using dried salt cod. Tuna is a pretty firm fish, so go for it. You could add some Spanish chorizo for some spice and color.

Last edited:
Try saying fish hash 3 times fast!

I bet that would be good. Maybe with a fried egg on top.

Last edited:
I think the potato, onion and some herbs would make a great hash.

I would also consider a tuna cake with some mayo, celery, onion, fresh breadcrumbs, similar to a crab cake!

I'd not cook the tuna again. I'd make salad nicoise.

I agree. Or I would continue to nibble on it, thinly sliced and dipped in wasabi and soy sauce. For some reason, we usually don't have leftover tuna here.

how about making a norwegian / north sea's fisherman's dish call lob scaus?

it's made from leftover fish and or cured meat such as corned beef, mixing the bits together with cubed, parboiled potatoes, butter sweated diced onions, and chopped pickles, then pan frying just to reheat it, and the glop (for lack of a better term since it's very moist) is served a fried egg on top.

it's definitely a rib-stickin dish. iwas raised on lob scaus on cold mornings when we had a weird mix of leftovers from previous meals.

Terrific ideas. Thanks, all. Since I didn't post my query until I was about to start cooking (typical), I made a sort of stew, heating the fish in a can of diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, adding a handful each of frozen corn and peas and sprinkling in some hot pepper flakes. It was decent, especially with kasha that I also had leftover. Interesting combo.

Never heard of lob scaus; I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom