I need some apple-cinnamon bun guidance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DishingPolitics

Assistant Cook
I absolutely love and appreciate all the wonderful insights you people provide, and although at times it gets a bit embarrassing, I once again need some help with a recipe for an early Mother's Day brunch.

Originally, I had planned on making some apple-cinnamon sweet rolls, but I've misplaced my recipe. Does anyone have any suggestions or recipe ideas? I could substitute with sweet buns or even small individual desserts (hopefully apple-cinnamon, as it's my mums favorite). Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

This might be moved.....

• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tube (8 ounces) crescent rolls
  • 2 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cinnamon and sugar; set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to make 16 triangular strips. Place an apple wedge on the wide end of each strip; roll up. Arrange the rolls in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter, then use the cinnamon-sufar mix, pour water in the pan, not over the rolls.

Bake about a half-hour, until the apples seem done. Good luck.

Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe

I got this recipe out of my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, hope it helps.

Apple Cinnamon Rolls

4 3/4- 5 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 package active dry Yeast
1 cup Milk
1/3 cup Butter
1/3 cup granulated Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
3 Eggs
1 cup finely chopped Apples
3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose Flour
1 T Cinnamon
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup golden Raisins(OPTIONAL)
1/2 cup chopped Pecans(OPTIONAL)
1 T Half and Half or Light Cream
1 recipe Vanilla Glaze

In a large mixing bowl combine 2 1/4 cups of the flour and the yeast. In a saucepan heat and stir milk, 1/3 cup butter, granulated sugar, and salt just until warm (120*F to 130*F) and butter almost melts; add to flour mixture along with eggs. Beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds,scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderatly soft dough that is smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Shape dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl: turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, about an hour.
Punch dough down.Turn out onto a lightly floured suface. Divide in half. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.Meanwhile lightly grease two 9X1 1/2 inch round baking pans or 2 baking sheets; set aside. For filling, stir together the brown sugar, the 1/4 cup of flour, and cinnamon; cut in 1/3 cup butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Roll each half of dough into a 12X8 inch rectangle. Sprinkle filling over dough rectangles. This is where you add the apple, and if desired the raisins and/or pecans. Roll up each rectangle starting from a long side. seal seams. Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Place cut sides down in prepard pans or baking sheets.
Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap, leaving room for rolls to rise. Chill for 2 to 24 hours. Uncover; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.(Or, to bake rolls right away, don't chill the dough. Instead, cover loosely; let dough rise in a warm place until nearly double, about 30 minutes.)
Break any surface bubbles with a greased toothpick. Brush dough with half and half. Bake in a 375* oven for 20 top 25 minutes or until light brown (if necessary, cover rolls with foil the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning). Remove from oven. Brush again with half and half. Cool 1 minute. Carefully invert rolls onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Invert again onto a serving platter. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze. Serve warm.

Vanilla Glaze

In a small bowl stir together 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lightcolored corn syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Add enough half and half or light cream (1 to 2 tablespoons) to reach drizzling consistency.

Back
Top Bottom