Lazy Sunday - 05-11-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been a Lazy Sunday. This afternoon, I made Dx a spinach and mushroom quiche and baked brown sugar bacon w/ a shake of chili powder I thought there might a decision if she eats bacon this week or not or I would have included it in the quiche. Pfft. She ate 3 pieces. Shoulda made more. Nice salad, with romaine, dijon garlic red wine vinegar dressing. For dessert it was simply small plates of whole strawberries with the stems left on. We had dinner in the backyard at the picnic table.

Since I was working in her kitchen today, I came with most stuff prepared and ready to assemble, mostly because I said I would make a "surprise" for dinner, and 2ndly, I didn't want to mess up her kitchen from one end to the other. Brought a ready made pie crust, although pastry is pretty easy to turn out.

I made myself Mother's Day dinner.
I was shopping yesterday and found lobster tails at Safeway 2 for $12.00, and I thought that would be a treat( DH doesn't care for lobster....whaaaat?!
I decided on lobster Mac and cheese and made an Italian meatloaf and a separate Mac and Cheese sans the lobster for DH. The Mac and cheese was so rich and creamy, yum!!!

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner looked pretty so I figured I'd toss up a couple camera shots too. Greek Salad (in my Mom's old salad bowl), and dinner of bacon-wrapped asparagus and grilled jumbo shrimp over coconut-almond Jasmine rice.

Attachments

• 2014-05-11 19.00.37.jpg
    2014-05-11 19.00.37.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 2014-05-11 21.24.25.jpg
    2014-05-11 21.24.25.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 177
COOKING GODDESS I got as far as reading your poist and I'm laughing out loud (I will go back and read the others!!!)

Yes, the guys do all that umm, hard??? work, lighting the grill and tossing some meat on it for all of five minutes.

That meat needs to land on something (plates and buns) with other filling side dishes which don't drop from the sky by drones---darn---and dessert is a requirement.

The guys really have a hard job when it comes to cooking on Mother's Day!

Thanks Taxy :)

You rinner looks great, CG. Nice job on the asparagus.

All these dinners look great! pac, thanks for the compliment (and help) on the asparagus. After we ate it though we both decided we like our asparagus plain (with maybe a grating of Parm over it) and our bacon with eggs. Let me know when you figure out how to grill bacon-wrapped eggs.

taxy, the restaurant at the corner (and its companion location in the next town over) have a special today if the hubbies forgot Mom's Day. Moms get a free 3-course dinner ($12.88 value) when your dinner companion orders off the regular menu ($13 to $20). All you'll find there is their regular Monday rush!

COOKING GODDESS I got as far as reading your poist and I'm laughing out loud (I will go back and read the others!!!)

Yes, the guys do all that umm, hard??? work, lighting the grill and tossing some meat on it for all of five minutes.

That meat needs to land on something (plates and buns) with other filling side dishes which don't drop from the sky by drones---darn---and dessert is a requirement.

The guys really have a hard job when it comes to cooking on Mother's Day!
I know what you mean shopping! I'll admit to being a picky broad, so even when Himself does all the work I kinda wish I'd have done some of it my way.

Back
Top Bottom