"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #21
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I just started a wild and brown rice blend in the cooker with a wild mushroom mix that I rehydrated in chicken stock. Once it is done I have more chicken to add for a nice chicken and mushroom dish.

We are having Udon soup with chicken, steamed asparagus, shiitake mushrooms and fresh tomatoes, tonight!

And a caprese salad on the side for me.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #22
Head Chef

The green plates in this picture I got at Amazon.com. I have more that are white, oval and hold 3 tacos I got on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Attachment 10227

Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll have to look into those plates when I'm down to having just three tacos. Those are really cool. Heck, maybe I'll pick up a couple anyway. I can always use them for lunch. I never eat five for lunch

My burger. With copious amounts of sauteed mushrooms and onions underneath that Swiss cheese
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burger.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	10228  
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I'll have to look into those plates when I'm down to having just three tacos. Those are really cool. Heck, maybe I'll pick up a couple anyway. I can always use them for lunch. I never eat five for lunch

My burger. With copious amounts of sauteed mushrooms and onions underneath that Swiss cheese

Ok, you have done it now. I will have to buy some more hamburger.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
Head Chef

We had chicken sandwiches on baguettes, using leftover roast chicken, tossed in BBQ sauce, with melted extra sharp cheddar on top.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #26
Master Chef

Actually, for some bizarrre reason, I did three full meals today. I simply had a taste for eggs benedict, which, for whatever reason, I can't get here. So, i cheated and didn't make hollandaise. It was still good. Then, for some reason my husband decided on Vietnamese spring rolls wrapped in lettuce, and I had some leftover green mango salad. The reason this struck me as strange, is that we had a totally unexpected visit from our Vietnamese/American neighbors to meet the new dog (his mother made the egg rolls and taught me to do it). Then we had a mystery dinner, and that will be another line!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

as dw headed out the door today for warpaint and to get her topknot dyed, she said, "all we have is ground turkey. can you make something for dinner?"

now, i can't look at another turkey meatball or meatloaf, so i made turkey chili, and when she got home i ran up the block to the bakery for fresh, large round rolls. so, dinner was a really delicious turkey chili served in bread bowls.

i made my own chili mix instead of using store bought chili powder, using rehydrated chipotles, poblanos, and mulatos. i'll never use a jar if chili powder ever again! man, it was my best turkey chili yet.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
making a Salmon burger, with tartar sauce on the bun. couple small artichokes should finish it out. ice cream treat for dessert.

won't use those salmon patties again. really awful, no tired to make something else so ate about half of it. only the beer made it remotely eatable. didn't do artichokes so more dessert it is. lol.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #29
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
won't use those salmon patties again. really awful, no tired to make something else so ate about half of it. only the beer made it remotely eatable. didn't do artichokes so more dessert it is. lol.
Sorry they were lousy, Babe!

I have some in the freezer I haven't tried yet, they are touted as Salmon burgers. I should get them cooked up and take for lunch!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #30
Head Chef

We had Colcannon for dinner.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote