March 1st! What are we cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some mushrooms left over from my pizza last night, so I'm thinking about sautéing them and sliding a grilled steak underneath. A couple smashed redskins on the side and probably broccoli. That will be dinner.
Probably left over pizza for lunch.

Anyone else have their menus planned yet?

Still clearing out leftovers here. Have chili, mac and cheese and brats. DH is teaching tonight so I can heat up what I want then zap his when he gets home.

A take on Richard Blaise's Top Chef All Stars pork, chili and arepas dish he did when they were cooking at Target. Obviously had to cut down on the quantity since he was cooking for over 100 people and I'm going to make the arepas instead of buying them as I don't like the pre-made ones. Cooked the pork over the weekend so it's ready to go, just needs to be warmed. We roasted the chilis ourselves, well Craig did, so they just have to be sliced and warmed. Only thing I'll need to make is the arepas.

Karen

Spaghetti here too. Sauce is simmering lightly on the stove. Folks can serve themselves as they wander home tonight.

OK, you talked me into it.
I'll toss my mushrooms into spaghetti sauce instead, along with the bits of meat I had leftover from last night. No meatballs though, I'll cook rope sausage with mine. Spaghetti sounds nice.

I'm making us a shrimp and pasta dish with roasted red peppers, shallots, and mushrooms in a white wine and butter sauce.

I made some turkey stock last week--so today it is turkey-wildrice-mushroom soup with homemade whole wheat rolls, fresh pineapple for dessert.

For the tuekey soup, I add edameme (sp) about 4-5 minutes before serving, the same time I add the cubed turkey. Otherwise, it is pretty standard--carrots, celery, onion (I brown the onion, put that in with the stock (diluted with some water), wild rice). Once the rice is almost done, I add the carrots and celery. For spices/herbs a dash of cinnamon, 3-4 cloves in a "teaball," sage, salt, pepper, fresh bay leaf, splash of fresh lemon juice (at the end) and a drop or two of Liquid smoke (at the beginning), oh, and about 1 tsp of maple syrup.

I have home made pizza in the offing.

Pepperoni.
Crimini mushrooms.
Mini sweet peppers.
Red onion.
Black olives.
Cheese and sauce.

Since they are smallish we get to top our own.

Pepperoni.
Crimini mushrooms.
Mini sweet peppers.
Red onion.
Black olives.
Cheese and sauce.

I'll have just one then and a salad... :angel:

Actually I'm making steak, onion, and peppers subs with melted provolone cheese.

All this talk of mushrooms, I'm going to use the Portabellas I bought a couple days ago. I have a recipe for baked, stuffed portabellas that uses chicken, but I might play around with it a little and see what I come up with.

Mark can't stand mushrooms, so he is getting simple chicken -n- noodles. ...... bite-sized chicken with vegies in gravy (doctored-up soup) over egg noodles. He really enjoys this now and then.

All this talk of mushrooms, I'm going to use the Portabellas I bought a couple days ago. I have a recipe for baked, stuffed portabellas that uses chicken, but I might play around with it a little and see what I come up with.

Mark can't stand mushrooms, so he is getting simple chicken -n- noodles. ...... bite-sized chicken with vegies in gravy (doctored-up soup) over egg noodles. He really enjoys this now and then.

Here in the northeast we call that chicken & biscuits. Well, if you serve it over biscuits :LOL: Over mashed potatoes is common, too. I could eat chicken, veggies and gravy over anything :chef:

Round steak with gravy made from cream of mushroom soup, onions, garlic, and mushrooms, mashed potatoes, and corn.

:)Barbara

He said/She said...

He said:

Pepperoni.
Crimini mushrooms.
Mini sweet peppers.
Red onion.
Black olives.
Cheese and sauce.

She said:

After a very long hard day at work, I had to come to the kitchen and top my pizza. Sauce, pepperoni, mini sweet peppers, red onion, black olives, cheese, more black olives. The list went on and on. Oh...and get this: The sauce was not even seasoned with red chili peppers or much Italian seasonings...so I had to drudge to the spice cabinet and get TWO tins, open them, sprinkle herbs, and return them after covering. THEN...I had to WAIT like....a whole 15 minutes until it was done. At least it was brought to me cut when it was done. So put upon. :LOL:

The pizzas were awesome. :)

He said:

She said:

After a very long hard day at work, I had to come to the kitchen and top my pizza. Sauce, pepperoni, mini sweet peppers, red onion, black olives, cheese, more black olives. The list went on and on. Oh...and get this: The sauce was not even seasoned with red chili peppers or much Italian seasonings...so I had to drudge to the spice cabinet and get TWO tins, open them, sprinkle herbs, and return them after covering. THEN...I had to WAIT like....a whole 15 minutes until it was done. At least it was brought to me cut when it was done. So put upon. :LOL:

Next time we will give ya the whole experience.. let you make yer dough, let you cook the pizza... cut it..

:)

Next time we will give ya the whole experience.. let you make yer dough, let you cook the pizza... cut it..

:)

He said:

She said:

And deprive me of seeing that hunky cook/delivery boy? No way! ;)

He said:

She said:

LOL.... you two!!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom