"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Master Chef

Menu, december 11th?

me, i may be cooking grilled cheese halves for lunch. (i'm babysitting for a 3-year old vegetarian ).
for dinner, maybe pizza. this place i live right by has excellent pizza. that's all i eat some days, it's so delicious. i went from 97 to 104 pounds since i got my apt., tee-hee, cause of all that pizza!

Old 12-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
What?!?!?! I have to cook today!?!?! !#$%!!!! I just got done eating breakfast! Lunch is leftover chili. I have been making a grocery list of stuff to buy to make Buffalo Wing Dip to take to work tomorrow.... so I haven't given a minute's thought to dinner. ugh!

Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Master Chef

Chicken sandwiches and fries. Hey, I'm being 50% good :o)
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

It's already started. I'm trying one of those McCormick slow cooker seasoning packets on some chicken. Dish includes sliced mushrooms, two cans of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and the seasonings package.

We'll see.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
It's already started. I'm trying one of those McCormick slow cooker seasoning packets on some chicken.
I grew-up eating this stuff on Chicken

Loved using it when I was a working Mom...we really liked it...good stuff! Mudbug thanks for the reminder! I gotta get some this week....Craving it now

Tonite is Tacos rice and beans...
(we've had Soups all week cuz Texas froze)
#1 Rule for Dieting.....If it "Tastes Good"...Spit-it-OUT!!
TexasTamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
Master Chef

Like Shannon in KS......I had leftover Chili also.....kind of clean out the refrigerator lunch for everyone.

As for supper I haven't a clue right now. I have some Chicken Breasts thawing out at the moment but not a clue what I'm going to do with them though.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Cool I may actually get to cook today, yippee!

while we still await the wingnut contractors, all who said they'd be here bright and early, I growl. It's now after the noon hour so no doubt, we're on our own today. I can finally find the kitchen (a little) and bought a Beef Brisket today. I was shopping and listening to the radio, a cooking show with the Two Hot Tamales and someone called in asking how to make an easy, no fuss, really good meal. Susan suggested a brisket. Since I'm very good at following directions I bought one. I'll see if it was a good notion. If nothing else, I can slice it thin and make the man of my life good sandwiches, I hope! Along with that, mashed sour creamed potatoes and brussels sprouts with cheese melted atop and crisped bacon. I treated myself to a plastic box of baby salad greens, just because I deserve it once in a while. Hot bacon dressng, sweet/sour/smokey will be the dressing. Cherry wink* cookies for desert.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTamale

(we've had Soups all week cuz Texas froze)
TT, the stuff I got is not this. It's some new thing they have out now for slow cookers (I'm practicing on the weekends for workday/weekday dinners).
It's still starting to smell pretty good- I think I will make some rice to go with it.

Sorry about the weather down there.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
A while back Urmaniac13 posted this recipe for pasta.
I made it last week and Paul loved it so much that we're having it again tonight for dinner. You should all try it. Quick easy and very good!!

for 2 people
about 50gs/2oz of bacon, crispily cooked and crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped or minced
extra virgine olive oil
5 ripe tomatoes, diced (if prefered, peeled) or 1 tin of peeled tomatoes(mush them up in small pieces)
salt
black pepper, or if you like it spicy, red crushed pepper
160g-200g/6-7oz of dry pasta (bucattini or spaghetti)
freshly grated parmigiano, or if available, aged pecorino romano

In a skillet sautè onion and garlic in a sufficient amount of olive oil. When they are well cooked, add the crumbled bacon and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper (or red peper). Bring to boil and cook for several minutes until the flavours are well blended and some of the extra liquid is evaporated.
Meanwhile cook the pasta al dente, and drain
Toss the tomato mixture together with the pasta, serve with plenty of freshly grated cheese.
Buon Appetito!!

Leftovers were wonderful too!
Old 12-11-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
Executive Chef

I came home and found that PeppA had started a pot roast. I made the gravy, as I think I've finally figured out how to make a good gravy when the roasting pan is one of those HUGE turkey roasters that can't really go on a burner to deglaze the drippings.