"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Master Chef

Menu for today, Wed. 12/22/10

Wow, I guess I get to start this today. It's pouring down rain again today, but hubby and I are going to brave the streets and go to the movies. We are going to see "True Gritt". Hope I don't miss John Wayne too much.
Dinner will be cooked by my husband for my birthday dinner.......have no idea what he has planned, but I'll report later.
What's cooking at your house today?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Cook

I gonna try a new soup recipe, gonna read my cookbook and show you something new !

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to decide between pork chops in mushroom herb sauce, boiled 'taters, salad, and rødkål or a pork roulade, roast 'taters, salad, and rødkål.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a stuffing for a pork roulade? I want to try something new. I have done it stuffed with dried apricots and prunes.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Chili and cheese...unless someone brings in food to work.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Wow, I guess I get to start this today. It's pouring down rain again today, but hubby and I are going to brave the streets and go to the movies. We are going to see "True Gritt". Hope I don't miss John Wayne too much.
Dinner will be cooked by my husband for my birthday dinner.......have no idea what he has planned, but I'll report later.
What's cooking at your house today?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your day.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm trying to decide between pork chops in mushroom herb sauce, boiled 'taters, salad, and rødkål or a pork roulade, roast 'taters, salad, and rødkål.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a stuffing for a pork roulade? I want to try something new. I have done it stuffed with dried apricots and prunes.
Roasted Pork Loin (chopped mushrooms & onions sautéed in EVOO till soft, frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry added to pan, seasoned with sea salt, ground peppercorns & thyme. Butterflied pork loin spread with the spinach mixture, rolled & tied seared in pan then roasted) served with rosemary roasted Red & Yukon potatoes & onions, buttered steamed Brussels sprouts & pork gravy.

You can also add shredded cheese and herbs of your choice to the stuffing.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post

How about stuff it with ... Oh dear I can't spell it like you do, so please forgive me in advance dear TaxLady.

What I was thinking is that the cabbage mixture, perhaps with a few apricots and prunes would make a wonderful stuffing. You could also decorate the outside with bacon.

Then it would be ... well, you know.

A very tasty dish you could call ... um ... er ....

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Senior Cook

I'm going to try my hand at some scalloped potatoes and ham. I have so much ham leftover from the ham on Sunday. Green beans on the side.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
Master Chef

Haven't a clue. Going to the grocery store for baking supplies and Christmas goodies so maybe I'll get a spark of inspiration.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
How about stuff it with ... Oh dear I can't spell it like you do, so please forgive me in advance dear TaxLady.

What I was thinking is that the cabbage mixture, perhaps with a few apricots and prunes would make a wonderful stuffing. You could also decorate the outside with bacon.

Then it would be ... well, you know.

A very tasty dish you could call ... um ... er ....
That does sound good, but we had it with prunes and apricots Saturday, so I want something really different. I will try with the rødkål at some point. BTW, just copy and paste to spell it the same Or, if you wrote "roadkill", I would know what you meant.