Mondays...blah! What's for dinner to start the week? 09/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoops, did I see CWS peaking through the windows. Sweet, welcome back. And Katy, That sounds like a perfect home style burger.

For once I was thinking ahead. Cooked sausage and burger mix yesterday. Saved the drippings. Cooked a little more sausage and burger and onion today. Made sausage gravy from the drippings. Mixed in a few leftover spoonfuls from the sandwich mix from Sunday, added some cooked carrots, cauliflower and cut up green beans. Herbed up with a little marjoram and garden sage, Mix and Pour into a shallow casserole dish. A 9 X 9 size pan worked this time Top with some hand mashed potatoes and grated cheese. Bake. Voila’ . Cottage pie. My way.

Thanks Whiskadoodle - that was what I was aiming for! I have been trying out a few American recipes since I joined here and it is working out very well so far! :yum:

"Your way" Cottage Pie sounds pretty good (and anything that includes cauliflower is going to get my vote). ;)

Parmesan chicken with rice and zucchini with tomato sauce and cheese on top. Mimosa salad to go with. Yum.

Increase font size please. The italics are tough enough ;)
Some of us are getting old :(

Test.

Attachments

• steak dinner4.jpg
    steak dinner4.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 210
Sheesh Pac! Even I could read that! (with my glasses on) :blush:

Come on now... I didn't say I couldn't read it, but when you are reading post after post and all of a sudden someone uses smaller font and it's in italics... well... it sucks :LOL:

Fantastic, Pac! Glad you found your glitch, mine's been missing for awhile too. One is not oneself with a missing glitch.

I did some Googling after trying to upload that pic a few times. I increased my "enhanced" security settings.
The question is though, why is that necessary here? :huh:
Hopefully it works for a while anyway :)

...For once I was thinking ahead. Cooked sausage and burger mix yesterday. Saved the drippings. Cooked a little more sausage and burger and onion today. Made sausage gravy from the drippings. Mixed in a few leftover spoonfuls from the sandwich mix from Sunday, added some cooked carrots, cauliflower and cut up green beans. Herbed up with a little marjoram and garden sage, Mix and Pour into a shallow casserole dish. A 9 X 9 size pan worked this time Top with some hand mashed potatoes and grated cheese. Bake. Voila’ . Cottage pie. My way.

Increase font size please. The italics are tough enough ;)
Some of us are getting old :(

...and some of us are already old. I find myself skipping the tiny font posts.

Hah! Remember Maidrite and those large red font posts? Sometimes only a word and a half per line? :LOL:
But you could read them ;)

Come on now... I didn't say I couldn't read it, but when you are reading post after post and all of a sudden someone uses smaller font and it's in italics... well... it sucks :LOL:

I did some Googling after trying to upload that pic a few times. I increased my "enhanced" security settings.
The question is though, why is that necessary here? :huh:
Hopefully it works for a while anyway :)

Oh well, if you are going to get all technical on me! :rolleyes:

*adjusts recently required reading glasses up nose* :unhappy:

pacanis, you can adjust the font size on your own computer. And its not italics, its just a different font. You're just NOW having trouble with it? I've been using it for 11 years. :rolleyes:

Hmm, Andy. My post came out in a smaller font? If so, I apologize. DC has been kicking me off Repeatedly mid sentence lately. So I have taken to writing whatever in Word, then c/p it into DC, The fonts to me, show as the same.

Really, I thought you would say someting about cauliflower and I was going to reply just put beans in your ears and don't read that part. :LOL:

We had three kinds of sausage on the grill: a Greek one, a chorizo, and a hot Italian. They were "artisan" sausages from our trip to Cornwall, ON. They were good, but disappointing for artisan sausages. I have made better Italian sausage. We also had corn on the cob (also from Cornwall) and tiny potatoes.

I think it was baby reds under sour cream.

Yep. Sour cream on smashed redskins. :yum:

And I've got a little piece of steak left I plan on having this morning on some garlic toast with scrambled eggs. I don't always finish the food on my plate, but I hate going back for seconds, so I pile it on :pig:

Back
Top Bottom