Official Dinner Thread for Tuesday 2011-10-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We have some leftover steak I am going to magically transform to burritos with some black beans I made and other burrito stuff. If I have the energy to drag grandson to the market, I'll get some green chilies, enchilada sauce and sour cream to make chimichitos.

Yay, chimichitos!
Don't forget the cilantro ;)

I think I'll grill some wings tonight for dinner. Maybe garlic/parm.

I've never used a whole bunch yet before it goes bad.
Definitely one of those flavors that's better in moderation, yet you can tell when it's missing.

I've never used a whole bunch yet before it goes bad.
Definitely one of those flavors that's better in moderation, yet you can tell when it's missing.

If you use it in cooking it can be frozen. Just take the bunch and wash it, shake the water off, pop it in a plastic bag and throw it in the freezer. When you need some for a recipe just cut off the amount needed and chop it while still frozen. This works well with Italian flat leaf parsley also.

Our peppers have really done well this year so when Dh brought some in yesterday, he said it is time for more stuffed peppers. I'm defrosting some mild Italian sausage to stuff them. We will have baked sweet potatoes, roast asparagus and tomato, onion and cucumber salad. That should be enough veggies for one meal. Dessert will be something apple.

dw made up for our non-anniversary this afternonn, afternooon, afrternoon, as, the hell with it.

and is now making chicken parm the proper way (my way :chef:). thick, juicy breasts, pounded to tenderize and even out but not into restaurant thin sheets. it should be juicy chicken, not just a thin layer and equal breading. pan shallow fried in evoo, nestled in sauce and topped with mozzarella and fresh basil, baked at high temp to preserve the subtleties of the fresh basil, fresh tomato, and chicken. this isn't a long cooked meal.

i'm on my way... :)

Our peppers have really done well this year so when Dh brought some in yesterday, he said it is time for more stuffed peppers. I'm defrosting some mild Italian sausage to stuff them. We will have baked sweet potatoes, roast asparagus and tomato, onion and cucumber salad. That should be enough veggies for one meal. Dessert will be something apple.

Leave the porch light on.:LOL: View attachment 12197

Last edited:
I have mushroom swiss chicken in the oven. We'll round it out with salads. Tired after my 2nd day at the new job. I'm surprised I got the chicken in the oven!

I have mushroom swiss chicken in the oven. We'll round it out with salads. Tired after my 2nd day at the new job. I'm surprised I got the chicken in the oven!
Congrats on your new job! I'm sure your chicken will be delicious! You can't go wrong with mushrooms and cheese in any kind of meal.

Last edited:
jabbur said:

Another congrats on the new job, Jabbur!

Will cobble together some leftovers. I'm tired after my old job!

I decided to add a little creole seasoning into my grilled garlic parm wings. I want the actual wing to hit me with a different flavor after getting past the garlic and parm.

And here's my official dinner ;)

Attachments

• garlic parm wings 10-11.jpg
    garlic parm wings 10-11.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom