Sadie Hawkins Day Dinner - 11/13/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have stuff I need to do today (which I have been avoiding in earnest by goofing off ), so the plan is Everything Into the Oven. Pork tenderloin seasoned with herbs de Provence, red and yellow potatoes with lots of garlic and fresh rosemary, and a new recipe for roasted butternut squash with maple and Bourbon. :yum: I also have some zucchini, so I may slice into discs and saute.

Out running errands, in the cold, until 2PM so, we stopped at a diner and each had Country Fried Steak with mashed, gravy and green beans.. Comfort food.. :yum:

Rushed home to bake a bread pudding for later..

Ross

:LOL: I remember back in the day being brave enough to ask a boy to be my date for Sadie Hawkins Day Dance in Junior High. I don't have any horrible memories, so it must have worked out OK. LOL

Taco Tuesday dinner here. :yum:

I just butchered a pomegranate and ate it, so not terribly hungry right now. It may be hot dogs later, or something with the Italian sausage I fried up earlier.

We had my best pizza ever..I finally got the crust I wanted. This is my second effort with the new baking steel

Attachments

• DSCN8317.jpg
    DSCN8317.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 279
Red beans and rice with ham hocks aND our homemade andouille.

Attachments

• 2018-11-13 19.02.26.jpg
    2018-11-13 19.02.26.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 213
We ordered out. I had Carbonara Dunn's (topped with smoked meat) and DH had a fancy burger with hot mayo, caramelized onions, and a hot banana pepper. The onions made the bun soggy. DH could detect no heat whatsoever in the "hot mayo" or the "hot banana pepper", so he thought it was okay, but disappointing. Often, is this "white bread", suburban area where we live, hot food is toned down to bland. I have even had issues with purchased hot peppers that have no heat.

We ordered out. I had Carbonara Dunn's (topped with smoked meat) and DH had a fancy burger with hot mayo, caramelized onions, and a hot banana pepper. The onions made the bun soggy. DH could detect no heat whatsoever in the "hot mayo" or the "hot banana pepper", so he thought it was okay, but disappointing. Often, is this "white bread", suburban area where we live, hot food is toned down to bland. I have even had issues with purchased hot peppers that have no heat.

Too bad you don't live near me. My late season peppers are face melting hot.

I didn't make soup today (again), so I made it a Taco Tuesday with some fajita-style chicken tacos.

CD

Too bad you don't live near me. My late season peppers are face melting hot.

I didn't make soup today (again), so I made it a Taco Tuesday with some fajita-style chicken tacos.

CD
When I can get to the "ethnic" stores, I can get real hot peppers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom