Saturday Supper 2/23/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Company dinner tonight with my younger son, wife and little Cheyenne.

I have a beautiful brined pork loin roast to go in the oven along with Scalloped Potatoes. We'll also have glorified salad, and I'll even make dessert.

I'm thinking Cheyenne would like my Granny Pineapple Cake. :D

What's going on at your house?

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey sandwiches (and maybe Stouffers Mac N Cheese) for dinner tonight.

I'll be helping my daughter with her taxes and I'm pretty sure she'll be ordering pupusas from the local pupuseria so she doesn't have to do any cooking.

Haa...Souschef will be doing the kids taxes here RF. My kids are getting a great deal, and a good meal. ;)

Slight change of plans here. I'm doing the pork loin Sous Vide since I can never count on them being on time for dinner.

Last edited:
We did our taxes weeks ago. Got the fed in about a week but state takes forever!

Himself is a Last-minute Louie when it comes to taxes. Not a big deal, since he has deductions so well computed that we don't get much back. We're firm believers in not giving the government money interest-free. ;)

Leftovers here, but not many. If we end up not having enough, Himself can have the pick of the litter and I'll eat my one can of emergency Chef Boy-R-Dee raviolis. :yum: I need to revisit that childhood favorite every couple of years.

Turkey, stuffing & lettuce sandwich, apple sauce (dusted with cinnamon sugar) and cranberry sauce for dinner tonight.

turkey_sandwiches_022319_IMG_5432.jpg

Met up with the kids @ Great American Taco Company.. Its just a 1/2 mile from our apartment.. Daughters choice..

Mexican it ain't.. ;) They tout their "Artisan" salsas, tacos, etc.. I thought I was too old for "Artisan".. :ermm:

I was pleasantly surprised with the freshness and quality of the food we ordered.. Being so close to home, I believe we might drop in now and then..

Ross

We ordered pizza. I had the "Mexican pizza" with bianca sauce. DH told them not to put any tomatoes on mine (because cooked tomatoes makes my arthritis worse). At least I could pick off the tomato. They put more than usual. Hrmmph.

Haa...Souschef will be doing the kids taxes here RF. My kids are getting a great deal, and a good meal. ;)

Slight change of plans here. I'm doing the pork loin Sous Vide since I can never count on them being on time for dinner.

Good choice. The one I did last week turned out fork tender and really moist.

CD

I do my taxes at the last minute, because I always owe money. :( No State income tax here. We pay state taxes every time we buy something. That, and every new urban highway is a tollway. Driving downtown and back costs me 2-bucks in gas, and 15-bucks in tolls. :rolleyes:

I am having wings tonight. I was going to toss them on the grill, but neglected to notice the Wind Advisory that kicked in this afternoon. So, I guess I'll fry them and make some kind of interesting sauce.

CD

So my daughter misplaced the packet of 1099 forms she received FREE from the IRS several months ago so she had to run to Staples and spend like $30 to purchase them.... That's what I was gonna help her with this evening. :mad:

Last edited:
Good thing the pork loin is in the Sous Vide. Just got a call they're running 1/2 hr late.

Son was raised to know that's not acceptable, but times change and I know he has no control over promptness now. Grrr..still a pet peeve of mine. Oh well....

So my daughter misplaced the packet of 1099 forms she received FREE from the IRS several months ago so she had to run to Staples and spend like $30 to purchase them.... That's what I was gonna help her with this evening. :mad:

Can't you print then online for free?

FYI, you can print tax forms for free from IRS.gov.

CD

Good thing the pork loin is in the Sous Vide. Just got a call they're running 1/2 hr late.

Son was raised to know that's not acceptable, but times change and I know he has no control over promptness now. Grrr..still a pet peeve of mine. Oh well....

I changed my plans to sous vide, too. I'll toss them in the fryer for 2-3 minutes at the end to brown them up. According to a few YouTubers, that works great. I'll see.

CD

Yes, I know you can print forms from the IRS site but for some reason they do not allow printed copies of 1099’s and 1096’s .
That’s why they sell these forms on Amazon and Staples.IMG_0721.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom