Sunday 1/8/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well never made the pea soup yesterday so maybe that. Or if I get to the store today pulled pork (bone in pork shoulder $1.49/lb.) or beef stew.

Yesterday I cut up all the veg needed for posole verde (including homegrown garlic, tomatillos and Anaheim and jalapeño peppers) and thawed the pork shoulder and turkey stock. Today DH will brave the snow and ice to get hominy and cilantro from the store :wub: So, that and maybe cheese quesadillas.

Last edited:
Great minds think alike MsM!!
I just finished a HONKIN' pot of local style (Hawaiian) Beef Stew.
The recipe that I kinda-sorta follow claims that this pot
should feed 12 people ....
HA! :LOL:
That's not gonna happen! I'm thinkin I'll probably get 8 servings,
if I'm lucky. DH just loves local style stew and rice.
Tomorrow our Construction Superintendent is coming over for
lunch (his office is right next door to us) and he said that he's
been dreaming of this. He has family in the Islands, so he's
pretty familiar with the foods that I make and comes over when ever
he smells something, ONO (delicious in Hawaiian) !!! :clap:

Bibimbap. Veges are carrots, bean sprouts, spinach and shitakis. Pound cake with strawberries for dessert.

37240-albums1041-picture6825.jpg

kgirl, I'm so glad you found someone new in your area to share your lovely meals with! :chef: :)
--------------------------------
Tonight's meal will be the last of the chicken/noodle/veggie soup, and some kind of bread for soaking up that wonderful broth - probably an onion roll. :)

I rubbed a pork tenderloin with Weber's 'Kickin Chicken seasoning blend. I pan roasted it and we had it with some steamed green beans.

Yesterday I cut up all the veg needed for posole verde (including homegrown garlic, tomatillos and Anaheim and jalapeño peppers) and thawed the pork shoulder and turkey stock. Today DH will brave the snow and ice to get hominy and cilantro from the store :wub: So, that and maybe cheese quesadillas.

Nice to see you back, K'girl!
Posole turned out really good, but I was also making strawberry-lemon marmalade and my burners were covered with pots, so no quesadillas.

Attachments

• 1483933137760.jpg
    1483933137760.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Bibimbap. Veges are carrots, bean sprouts, spinach and shitakis. Pound cake with strawberries for dessert.

37240-albums1041-picture6825.jpg

Mmmmm, could go for bibimbap.

I recently bought the bowls to make it in so the rice crisps on the bottom.

I had to work early tonight after shoveling out the driveway, so I picked up Chinese takeout on the way in. Boneless honey bbq ribs, and chicken chow mein.

Himself and I dined alone tonight. "The boys" went to the Cleveland Museum of Art today, while I begged off because I was feeling "off". Decided to lay low today so I'm in prime shape for West Side Market tomorrow. Since the museum finished their major addition since our last visit, I missed a lot. :( Sometimes ya gotta pick your battles.

Himself and I dined royally on kielbasa and sauerkraut sandwiches (his on a hoagie roll, mine on rye bread), then :pig: :pig: on Corbo's bakery: a cannoli each, followed by a cream horn each. I think I'm going to need to walk back to MA...:ermm:

I made burgers with some pork and beef I ground up earlier. Half was for burgers and half for meatloaf later in the week, probably Tuesday.

The burgers were great. I just had a patty with salad and a few oven fries while TB had a double cheeseburger with a little salad and LOTS of oven fries!

That's the most I have eaten in three days so I am hoping my cold or chest infection is getting better.

Himself and I dined alone tonight. "The boys" went to the Cleveland Museum of Art today, while I begged off because I was feeling "off". Decided to lay low today so I'm in prime shape for West Side Market tomorrow. Since the museum finished their major addition since our last visit, I missed a lot. :( Sometimes ya gotta pick your battles.

Himself and I dined royally on kielbasa and sauerkraut sandwiches (his on a hoagie roll, mine on rye bread), then :pig: :pig: on Corbo's bakery: a cannoli each, followed by a cream horn each. I think I'm going to need to walk back to MA...:ermm:

CG, don't worry about missing a trip to a museum. It's old stuff that'll still be there in a while. That's kinda the point of a museum...:cool:

But save me some real kielbasi and kraut on rye. Ya gotta have good rye.

But bucky, the Cleveland Museum of Art is one of the top five or ten museums in the U.S. Even better, it's FREE! I could spend a few hours there every week and not explore everything. Next time. A visit there (and a trip to Corbo's) will be crammed into our schedule.

Back
Top Bottom