Sunday, 2/27-Whatcha Cookin' Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnnieDrews

Senior Cook
Here we go.....!!

I'm trying a new recipe in the crock pot. Mexican Crock Pot Creamy Chicken, making soft tacos out of it. Will report back later!

Also using up some overripe bananas and making some Whole Wheat Banana Bread today.

I made a couple breakfast sandwiches earlier, bacon, eggs and cheese. I think that will be the extent of my cooking today, since someone just brought me a large amount of gumbo, some beignets and some king cake :)

It's so nice outside. I'm firing up the grill and grilling some chicken. It sounds like chicken salad is a good idea for today.

If I'm lucky one of their staff will bring me back something to eat tonight.....lol....
I took this pic in front of my business this morning. Lame..., I know...:))

Attachments

• P1050671.jpg
    P1050671.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 205
Ma's SUNDAY IS BACK:LOL: today it's homemade pasta with homemade
sauce, homemade rolls, salad with avocado,red onion, crutons baby arugula
strawberriesand toasted nuts...Befores puff pastry with sauted mushrooms in the center and msde into a triangle plus the rest of the strawberries on bruschetta. Dessert chocolate pie.
kadesma:)

Ma's SUNDAY IS BACK:LOL: today it's homemade pasta with homemade
sauce, homemade rolls, salad with avocado,red onion, crutons baby arugula
strawberriesand toasted nuts...Befores puff pastry with sauted mushrooms in the center and msde into a triangle plus the rest of the strawberries on bruschetta. Dessert chocolate pie.
kadesma:)

Wow, but ya had me at "homemade"!!

Not going to give details but the first two mushroom thingies we delish... yum...

And me just kicked back and Kathleen cooking, ok, I like this.

I decided on a chef's salad. I didn't think I had much to put in it, but a list is proving otherwise. I've listed 10 ingredients so far! First, I have to finish cleaning up the kitchen and boil a couple of hard boiled eggs for the salad.

cleaning out fridge.
had some leftover Penne, 1/2 bag of spinach, leftover chicken. cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots,
cut up the chicken then warm in a little olive oil with garlic and some onions, tossed the rest in with it. lil salt and pepper, added some leftover heavy cream and grated parm cheese. turned out really good.

I am letting some dough rise for hearth bread. Tonight with the bread we will have country fried steak, mashed potatoes, beef peppered gravy and mixed veggies, although after reading another thread today I seem to be hungry for a boiled dinner. Maybe next weekend...:innocent:

I am letting some dough rise for hearth bread. Tonight with the bread we will have country fried steak, mashed potatoes, beef peppered gravy and mixed veggies, although after reading another thread today I seem to be hungry for a boiled dinner. Maybe next weekend...:innocent:

And...the timer just reminded me, the lemon bars that just came out of the oven!

Not feeling so hot. There will be ginger ale. Just about everything sounds unappealing. DH made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast and that went down okay.

We just finished and are quite sated.

We had roasted turkey legs with onion mushroom sauce, maple syrup/cinnamon/orange juice glazed baby carrots, steamed zucchini, iced tea and key lime pound cake.

Glenn said the carrots were the best he'd ever tasted. That always makes me feel good. He's such a pleasure to cook for.

And, yum, there are leftovers of everything for a nice lunch tomorrow.

I ended up grilling some cajun flavored wings, along with a simple salad, or would that be a nice salad, of celery :LOL: And some grilled potato wedges.
I too am sated.

Vaca Frita with tuber hash. Recipe compliments of Norman Van Aken. I also made red beans for tomorrow. As everyone knows, its better the next day.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom