Sunday 4th Dec 2011 - What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

img_1079695_0_58a9860eba4ddc57d51851c2a7a05709.jpg

Now, that's the way to have cheese with broccoli.

Get the "wild " wild rice, not the tame stuff.

Pac, how'd the crab cakes turn out? Just reread your post, and they sound luscious! Lime butter, oh my!

Gotcha. Wild wild.

The crab cakes were delicious, but need work.
This was my first time making Maryland crab cakes. And just like my first time making "Texas Red" chili and pretty much every recipe I've made on PPPC Sunday, I went with an internet recipe that sounded good, getting no outside advice. The crab cakes needed a better binder or different method. The taste was there, but man were they delicate. Which is why you only see the one that half held together :rolleyes: But it's all about doing and I did :chef: It was a great experience. The lime buerre blanc was awesome, as were the roasted veggies. Just need to work on the crab cakes holding together better. I don't have a problem with salmon patties, but I don't try to leave those as chunky either.

Attachments

• PPPC wk-13 Baltimore.jpg
    PPPC wk-13 Baltimore.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 167
Blade chuck roast in the slow cooker at our house tonight. Cooked with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.

pacanis said:
Gotcha. Wild wild.

This was my first time making Maryland crab cakes. And just like my first time making "Texas Red" chili and pretty much every recipe I've made on PPPC Sunday, I went with an internet recipe that sounded good, getting no outside advice. The crab cakes needed a better binder or different method. The taste was there, but man were they delicate. Which is why you only see the one that half held together :rolleyes: But it's all about doing and I did :chef: It was a great experience. The lime buerre blanc was awesome, as were the roasted veggies. Just need to work on the crab cakes holding together better. I don't have a problem with salmon patties, but I don't try to leave those as chunky either.

Pac, did you use an egg, or some mayo along with your breadcrumbs? Your crab cake dinner looks wonderful, binder or not.

Cleaning up leftovers tonight, made a kind of crustless turkey Pot Pie sort of a turkey shepherds pie.....i guess. Sautéed brussels sprouts, salad and crusty bread.

For tailgating this afternoon I made chili.

Kathleen decided she wanted wings for dinner so I ran to the store and picked up a pack.

Ranchwifeg said:
Baked steelhead fillets with a smokey aioli sauce, ginger jasmine rice, and a salad. My absolute most favorite meal!

Trout? What is a steelhead? Your meal sounds wonderful, Ranch! Do you catch your own fish?

Gotcha. Wild wild.

Your dinner looks good to me, pac! Sorry your crab cakes were not what you hoped for.

Back
Top Bottom