Sunday Dinner - Feb 16/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
What's on your plate tonight?

I'm making Andy's short rib (chuck roast) tagliatelle. It was a winner here when I made it the first time and I was shopping at the Italian Center today and picked up some tagliatelle.

Not sure what we'll have as a salad or veggie side, but we will be having some gelato for dessert!

I have beef stew slow cooking in the oven with carrots, onions, 'taters, rutabaga, green beans and a handful of frozen peas to be added when it's closer to serving time.

Like Dawg and Alix I am also making short ribs. They're in the crockpot at the moment...a sort of made-up bbq sauce. They will be served with mash, steamed broccolini and spinach and baby kale wilted in olive oil and garlic.

I have a pot of broccoli soup with onions and bacon on the stove in well seasoned chicken broth. Later after I use my stick blender on it, I'll add some instant potato flakes and some melty Velveeta cheese. Garlic toast sounds just right with it.

Kayelle, that sounds yummy. Hmm, broccoli is on sale here this week...

Woke up with a headache and it likes me too much to go away, so I want need comfort food. I took a tub of homemade mac & cheese from freezer - defrosting it now. Will use my griddler to cook up the Deutschmacher hot dogs that have been looking at me since I brought them home from the grocery store yesterday. I also have two small pieces of kielbasa I'll throw on just to use them up.

Stuffed pork chops w/ capiocola, spinach and provolone. Some sort of wild rice medley with mushrooms that didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and mixed veg sauteed in garlic butter..

I'm sorry about your headache CG, hope you feel better. Have you ever tried pinching the web between the thumb and pointer finger high enough it hurts a little? It actually works for me.

Pork steak, browned, sort-of-braised with onions and garlic in some white wine, and baked slow in sauerkraut w/ apple and caraway. Green beans and a cheesy batter bread on the side. Not real pretty, but awfully good on a cold, damp, windy day.

I was going to make a pork roast, but I started too late. So, I made a Danish dish called "Svensk pølseret", which means Swedish hotdog dish. Swedes have never heard of it. :LOL: It was pretty good, but unexciting. The sauce was really good. We had a salad with that.

33814-albums294-picture5844.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner only with chicken........roasted stuffed chicken, gravy, mashed potatoes, asparagus, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce. Apple pie for dessert.

I was going to make a pork roast, but I started too late. So, I made a Danish dish called "Svensk pølseret", which means Swedish hotdog dish. Swedes have never heard of it. :LOL: It was pretty good, but unexciting. The sauce was really good. We had a salad with that.

33814-albums294-picture5844.jpg

That looks so good, Taxy! I would like to have some of that!

I tried 2 pizzas with a pre-made crust. I first put on it DA's preserved tomato sauce, then a thick lining of shredded mozzarella cheese, then very much pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon, diced ham and chunked up tomatoes, black olives, and a scatter of fine chopped red onion.

Carl said he fell in love all over again. Ha!!

This was very good!

With love,
~Cat

I'm sorry about your headache CG, hope you feel better. Have you ever tried pinching the web between the thumb and pointer finger high enough it hurts a little? It actually works for me.
I kinda remember hearing that hint once before, but I've never tried it. Probably because I don't get headaches all that frequently I forget between episodes. I'll have to try and remember that trick next time. Thanks Kayelle.

I ate some macaroni and cheese. I am still not able to eat much meat or anything heavy. I am mainly eating carbs - bread, pasta, fruit, veggies

As we had friends to lunch we enjoyed Wild Boar with prunes in Armagnac, vegetable medley and Dauphinois potato gratin, followed by a cheese plate and biscuits and ending with a brioche chocolate pudding and cream swashed down with a nice Bordeaux and a Jurancon with the pudding...............Yes I Know, boy was it worth it though

Dinner was beef lil smokies (fried), mashed potatoes, and steamed cabbage. We spent the afternoon getting caught up on the new season of Doc Martin so dinner was a quick throw together from the fridge.

Since Karen is out of town for a family emergency, I've been making stuff to have later. Made potato leek soup yesterday for this week and had an Italian sausage sub for dinner. Soup always tastes better the next day anyway.;)

Back
Top Bottom