Dinner party tonight. My wife has 8 co-workers coming over, including her boss and two big wigs from their office in India who have never been to the states before. We are having:
- Chile Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Southwest Black Beans
- Oven Baked Saffron Rice
- Cucumbers in Mint Yogurt Dressing
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Homemade Sourdough Bread
- Three kinds of homemade Sorbet: Blood Orange, Lemon Mint, and Lime Basil
- Assorted Cheeses and Fruits
- Homemade Gewurztraminer and Tempranillo wines
Since the guys from India aren't familiar with American flavors, I thought I would try to make some dishes that include ingredients you might find in Indian cuisine, but in a different context. One of the fellows apparently remarked to someone else that he thought American food was bland. I'm working to erase that notion.
I've been cooking since yesterday morning.