Tuesday, July 10, 2018, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having Tyrolean speck dumplings in broth with sauteed mixed mushrooms. I'll be using the speck I cured and Craig smoked over alder.

Really not sure at the moment. Had some dental work done and not sure it will hold up. If not I will need to have it pulled.

Really not sure at the moment. Had some dental work done and not sure it will hold up. If not I will need to have it pulled.
Have some polenta..:D

I'm going to smoke a small porchetta roast I made from the fatty end of a pork back loin..then finish it in the oven..serve slices of it on polenta with sauteed mushrooms and some green beans on the side..

Chicken on the grill, probably Greekish inspired. Maybe. Sides are not a lock yet, but I am thinking of making a new recipe for a farro salad. Just thinking so far...nothing "doing" yet.

Chicken on the grill, probably Greekish inspired. Maybe. Sides are not a lock yet, but I am thinking of making a new recipe for a farro salad. Just thinking so far...nothing "doing" yet.
I picked up Farro from TJ's on Sunday. Will you share recipe.

I'm not sure I'll be making it, msm, so I'll put the link up right now lest I forget.

Farro Salad with Cherry Tomato, Onion, and Almonds

I've had the magazine clipping for a while, but keep stalling because I'm lazy about making the vinaigrette dressing from scratch. :LOL: The problem is, I'm sure it's way better that way than cheating and using some Paul Newman's Balsamic Vinaigrette from the bottle. Still...

We like farro. I have a nice collection of recipes using it. Maybe I should spend time again and try and get my recipes organized said Cooking Goddess on her way to her funeral...

Our dinner.

Attachments

• 2018-07-10 18.27.37.jpg
    2018-07-10 18.27.37.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 121
Finished my shift right at 3:00, but I was quite a distance from the hospital. They had just taken Mark to the OR five minutes before I got here. So I’m having hospital cafeteria pepperoni pizza and a medium Dr. Pepper. The ‘za isn’t too bad, actually!

NY Strip is in the immersion circulator, chimichurri is made, and going to do a simple salad on the side.

Cool. What do you do to put a sear on your sous vide steak? I either use a half-full Weber charcoal chimney and a small grate to char the steak very briefly on each side, or use my Searsall to give it a nice sear.

CD

Finished my shift right at 3:00, but I was quite a distance from the hospital. They had just taken Mark to the OR five minutes before I got here. So I’m having hospital cafeteria pepperoni pizza and a medium Dr. Pepper. The ‘za isn’t too bad, actually!

I am actually fond of the lime Jello, myself... NOT. :LOL:

Hospital oatmeal is actually not bad at all, if you request some pancake syrup on the side.

I hope Mark is recovering well, and get's to go home soon.

CD

Oh no Joel..what's the latest on Mark?

No cooking here on this hot night.

Chilly dinner...
Assorted cheeses and salami with crackers.
Chilled thinly sliced rare Tri Tip from Sunday, a couple grilled thighs from last night.
We also finished off the last of the Broccoli Salad. Love that stuff.
Chilled assorted fruit..cherries, nectarine, melon.

Oh dear, Joel, that is some run of bad luck you and Mark have run into lately. Wishing him well.

As I read the farro salad recipe for the umpteenth time, I realized that it wasn't the one I had planned on using when I noticed it did not call for either feta cheese or kalamata olives. :huh: Searched around the internet for something that sounded good, ended up picking parts from about 3 or 4, and ended up with something really tasty. Now if I can only duplicate it again sometime...:whistling:

Attachments

• 20180710_212804.jpg
    20180710_212804.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 131
Back
Top Bottom