"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Valentine's Day Dinner....what's on your plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Nope, not going into the restaurant zoo out there. This morning, some beautiful pink tulips, and a new Ellen West nightgown greeted me with my morning coffee.
We'll be enjoying a good bottle of wine and doing a shrimp stir fry, along with some Lobster Bisque. http://www.soupsonline.com/p-3759-lo...ue-recipe.aspx

Dessert will be a romantic movie on the loveseat.
Cheryl, what was the romantic movie you said you loved? Was it Love Actually? We haven't seen it.

Thinking this bisque is a keeper, Kay. I added finely minced celery, some freeze-dried shallots, and a small can of minced clams with their liquid as no other seafood was to be found. I added the half and half and clams during the simmering instead of during the boiling. It's yummy!

Now I would love a slice of Steve's pizza!

Old 02-14-2016, 09:36 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Our Real Estate Broker sent us an Omaha Steak Gift. I had some curtain rods to put up...invited Mom and Dad over to help with the curtain rods (Thanks, Daddy) and we had sirloin steak broiled with salt, pepper and butter, steamed broccolini with lemon-butter sauce, mushrooms, onions and garlic sauteed in butter and strawberries with Girardhelli Dark Chocolate squares.

The perfect Keto meal, Dad loved it and Mom said it was the best meal she'd had in a long time. Shrek loved it too.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:13 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I made some pork chops with a soy sauce, fresh garlic, and honey as a glaze.

And I made some rice pilaf. I never made it before. I just heated up some butter, EVOO in a pan with some diced onions, and then I added some garlic, orzo, rice, and chicken stock. Brought it to a boil and let it simmer for half an hour. Came out yummy. Some rice pilaf recipes call for orzo -- some don't.

I don't know if what I made was a real rice pilaf. :)
Old 02-14-2016, 10:46 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Dinner was fantastic. The lobster bisque with the Better Than Bullion Lobster was a hit. I also put a 4 ounce lobster tail in the bisque.
For those of you that watch the Today show on NBC in the AM, I had the people at Art Skills who make the posters send me one and I decorated it for Kayelle.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:13 AM   #15
Master Chef

I had planned on making Fr. onion soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Real "holiday" food, eh? But as I was going to sleep Saturday night, inspiration hit. After good, old-fashioned tosses salads, we enjoyed a bowtie pasta dish with mushrooms, Kalamata olives, roma tomatoes, and baby spinach in a buttery cooking water sauce. Slivers of Parmesan cheese and fresh basil topped the bowls. I guess it was good, since Himself made yummy noises when he was eating and gave me a big hug-and-dip in the kitchen while I was cleaning up the pan. One of these days we're going to end up on the floor in a heap!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-02-14 20.49.49.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	24328  
Old 02-15-2016, 07:23 AM   #16
Cook

Wink

Chicken with Lemon Potatoes and Cherries with White Chocolate as desert.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Filet with Lobster tails, roasted honey parsnips, chocolate Creme Brule, 1 dozen Roses and cards from me, the dogs and the cat and a nice bottle of wine. What a wonderful night with my lovely wife.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Love Actually is a fun movie! Perfect for tonight

We're staying in, too. DH went shopping this morning and picked up ingredients for a wonderful surf 'n turf: New York strip steaks (my favorite), scallops and asparagus. I'm also going to make lemon risotto as a delicious base for it all. Quick & easy tiramisu for dessert.
Dinner was delicious. The scallops didn't get as brown as I would have liked, but they were quite good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1455546424797.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24329  

Tags
dinner