Wed. Aug 2nd 2017 What are you making tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I had planned on making this yesterday, but got waylaid by telephone calls, dang it!

my-chicken-chili.jpg

My version of Chicken Chili, MMM!

What are you making tonight?

Chicken quesadillas... Side of sliced tomato, avocado and olives topped with a glaze of cilantro balsamic vinegar....

Mini strawberry cakes for later..

Ross

Finishing the short ribs I started on Sunday. Served with roasted veges.:yum:

With all the chaos of the smoke from the wild fires, the intense heat, and Violet's ear surgery yesterday, I wasn't into cooking today.

That being said, I heated up the last two chicken skewers from Sunday night and did a potato in the microwave for TB. I just had an avocado chicken Caesar salad.

SC has a meeting this evening so I'm grilling earlier than usual. Thighs have been marinated in Korean barbecue sauce from TJ's, and the veggies have been marinating in a vinaigrette for the grill basket.

LP, the folks in the Pacific Northwest have sure been hit hard with temps over 100!!
Do you have AC??

Last edited:
SC has a meeting this evening so I'm grilling earlier than usual. Thighs have been marinated in Korean barbecue sauce from TJ's, and the veggies have been marinating in a vinaigrette for the grill basket.

LP, the folks in the Pacific Northwest have sure been hit hard with temps over 100!!
Do you have AC??
Yes, Kay, thankfully we do. Along with the heat, our province has been hit with a record number of wild fires this year. None of them are near us on the south coast; however, the smoke is still thick here and with my asthma, it makes it doubly hard to be outside.

Your dinner sounds nummy - just the kind of food I like in the summer. :)

Had a really late lunch (as per usual) so it sort of upsets the cart for supper. In the end I pulled out some Brie and left it on the counter. VERY tasty!!

But then so was lunch...

Nordic Shrimp, Radish, Scallions, tiny bit of cilantro n parsley, moistened with mayo, served on Boston/Butter lettuce.... yum!

Attachments

• 20170802_120959.jpg
    20170802_120959.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20170802_121054.jpg
    20170802_121054.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 146
Thanks Kay. Been on a bit of a radish kick this year. They really do add a wonderful crunch.

I go a bit nuts when I see/hear about everyone's meals. LOL - even if I've just eaten I want to jump up and get some of theirs!

steamed some green beans from the garden and will make a vinegarette for them tomorrow. I also made some English muffin dough. I have tried at least six recipes...yeast...baking soda, pan fried...baked. I'm just not thrilled with any of them. I found this recipe here...the difference is using yeast and allowing the dough to rise and fall overnight supposedly creating more air bubbles for nooks and crannies....we'll see.

I planned on fried fish with potato salad and coleslaw, but never got the salad and slaw made last night. I decided it would be leftover ham with braised cabbage and buttered noodles.

Fast-forward to today, and I'm on my way to my haircut appointment. Got stuck in surprise! construction and called my stylist. "Um, your appointment isn't until tomorrow..." :huh: I turned around, went home, and made the salad and slaw. Just about ready to head to the grocery store when thunder rumbled the house. Back to ham, etc! :LOL: At least tomorrow's supper is already 2/3 done. Maybe we can eat before 9:00 PM. :ermm: :LOL:

Simple salad with romaine and iceberg, torn fresh mozzarella, and grape tomatoes. Cabbage was braised with bacon and beer, I sprinkled TJ's Dukkah on my noodles. We'll be having fresh fruit and the last of the canned whipped cream in a little bit.

Attachments

• 20170802_223752.jpg
    20170802_223752.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 185
I planned on fried fish with potato salad and coleslaw, but never got the salad and slaw made last night. I decided it would be leftover ham with braised cabbage and buttered noodles.

Fast-forward to today, and I'm on my way to my haircut appointment. Got stuck in surprise! construction and called my stylist. "Um, your appointment isn't until tomorrow..." :huh: I turned around, went home, and made the salad and slaw. Just about ready to head to the grocery store when thunder rumbled the house. Back to ham, etc! :LOL: At least tomorrow's supper is already 2/3 done. Maybe we can eat before 9:00 PM. :ermm: :LOL:

Simple salad with romaine and iceberg, torn fresh mozzarella, and grape tomatoes. Cabbage was braised with bacon and beer, I sprinkled TJ's Dukkah on my noodles. We'll be having fresh fruit and the last of the canned whipped cream in a little bit.

Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together??? :LOL:

What ya ended up with looks delicious to me... :chef:

Ross

I made cashew-crusted baked Alaskan pollock and green and gold beans from garden braised in water seasoned with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and Penzeys dried shallots. I also sautéed a bunch of veggie odds and ends and reheated leftover rice with them. Good stuff.
0802172035a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom