Wednesday April 13 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got corned beef, i only paid $2 for, cabbage and carrots in the crockpot. left over cornbread with cheese in it. dessert will be lemon drop cookies. yum.

just finished dinner. the corned beef was the best i have ever cooked. first put chunks of cabbage in crockpot. add lots of fairly thick cut carrots. laid corned beef on top. added an entire can chicken broth. covered the veggies about 1/4 of the way up. the corned beef was just right, sliced nicely instead of stringy meat. cooked on high for about five hours. i am so pleased and looking forward to leftovers, tomorrow night. :chef::)

just finished dinner. the corned beef was the best i have ever cooked. first put chunks of cabbage in crockpot. add lots of fairly thick cut carrots. laid corned beef on top. added an entire can chicken broth. covered the veggies about 1/4 of the way up. the corned beef was just right, sliced nicely instead of stringy meat. cooked on high for about five hours. i am so pleased and looking forward to leftovers, tomorrow night. :chef::)

Mmmmm Reubens.:pig::pig::pig:

I made pan fried pork chops with mashed taters and gravy (I used the pork stock!) with green beans.

Someone was late getting home from work so it had time to mellow. :)

Not really hungry tonight, so I just had a tuna salad sandwich. No mess.

Put 4 huge drumsticks into pineapple marinade for tomorrow:

Crushed pineapple w/juice
Grated ginger
Lt. brown sugar
Lt. soy sauce
Oyster sauce
Sounds good, wonder how it would be with brined pork chops?
kades:)

Sounds good, wonder how it would be with brined pork chops?
kades:)

I did this marinade originally with pork chops (not brined). I marinated them all day, removed them and browned, then simmered together with the marinade to cook the chops through and reduce the marinade. They were over the top good.

This time, I've marinated 4 huge drumsticks, and will bake in the oven, marinade and all.:chef:

It was torta rustica - italian sausage, spinach, roasted red bell, fontina, eggs, milk, cream - basically a quiche except no pastry crust, just lined with some thin sliced french bread, and roasted some just picked tomatos with basil and olive oil.

I did this marinade originally with pork chops (not brined). I marinated them all day, removed them and browned, then simmered together with the marinade to cook the chops through and reduce the marinade. They were over the top good.

This time, I've marinated 4 huge drumsticks, and will bake in the oven, marinade and all.:chef:
Thank you I'm planning of these for Saturday's dinner.
kadesma

ALL of your dinners sound better than mine! This is what happens when my fiance works on Thursday nights lol.
I need to hire one of you to cook for me on Thursdays! :)

Bahahaha! Kadesma bumped it and I thought it was today's that I've been posting on.

-1 to me for not reading what thread I post on lol

Back
Top Bottom