Wednesday's Dinner Table 1/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My monthly Commodities had canned chicken so I made chicken salad. I had 2 open faced for breakfast/lunch and couldn't resist a sandwich for dinner. The kitchen was clean and I didn't have to mess it up.

My DN Joe brought me some ice cream so I'll have some of that later. I wanted to have some of last night's meatloaf, but people are starting to notice my weight loss, so I'll trade having meatloaf with having some ice cream.

Besides, the meatloaf was a little salty so it will go good with unsalted fried eggs for breakfast tomorrow.:LOL:

This is the garlic chicken recipe I mentioned earlier, that we had this evening. It was fantastic!!

I hope I posted the link correctly and that I'm allowed to link to an outside cooking site!

I followed the recipe exactly except I used panko breadcrumbs. Served with noodles and some corn off the cob we had portioned and frozen.

Mushroom caps and red onion sautéed in butter and red wine

Flank steak grilled on stove-top grill pan

Mushroom caps and red onion sautéed in butter and red wine, stove-top grilled flank steak, steamed and buttered fresh baby spinach and mashed potatoes.

Any left for starving...er...um, okay I'm not really starving...It just looks good...:)

This is the garlic chicken recipe I mentioned earlier, that we had this evening. It was fantastic!!

I hope I posted the link correctly and that I'm allowed to link to an outside cooking site!

I followed the recipe exactly except I used panko breadcrumbs. Served with noodles and some corn off the cob we had portioned and frozen.

That sounds REALLY good! I better stay away from it right now though, I have 10 more pounds to lose. Making a note for later on...

Wow.......dinner looked and sounded good for everyone tonight. I have to try those recipes, Alix and Pigskins!!
I took the night off and sent DH to KFC. Darn, they do a good chicken dinner.

I scored big at the dollar store today and picked up 10 packages of their fresh spaghetti for the freezer. They have been out of it for months so I bought all they had today. I can hardly stand to use dried pasta anymore, and for a buck a package it's sure not worth making it myself. Sauce making planned for the day tomorrow!!

img_958741_0_31caa198595ad0db28907a43b3f9d124.jpg

Ms M, those mushrooms are cooked to perfection for me. I was drooling all over my keyboard!

Those do look pretty good. Any steak with those mushrooms?

Thank you MM! Below is the original post showing the whole meal.

img_959607_0_31caa198595ad0db28907a43b3f9d124.jpg

Flank steak grilled on stove-top grill pan

img_959607_1_5c8fe1968ac135d7c6831e034c7baf78.jpg

img_959607_2_e8af85189ef796272f25ea6702880c7c.jpg

Mushroom caps and red onion sautéed in butter and red wine, stove-top grilled flank steak, steamed and buttered fresh baby spinach and mashed potatoes.

img_959607_3_2dbc6b96881481154b0b19a1692ef665.jpg

Back
Top Bottom