What are we eating 10/13/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe you should have the strike catered!

Thank you! (Biopsy results).

:)Barbara

LOL - the purpose is not to provide food to the one doing the striking! :LOL: <<< That's an evil laugh BTW. But I have a feeling that catering will prevail that starving my DH is probably not acceptable. :glare: Plus I am also sure he is no idea that there is a strike, as relationships generally go; I'm sure he'll have fun tonight when he hears of my posts.

If it is okay to say, I will keep you in prayer!

My girl was sent home from school with stomach ache and low fever. She fell asleep on the couch.

Looking back on those days when I didn't feel well as a child are some of the best memories because of the special moments I shared with my mom and dad. Of course I'd rather be playing (then and now) but you do get to share special moments.

LOL - the purpose is not to provide food to the one doing the striking! :LOL: <<< That's an evil laugh BTW. But I have a feeling that catering will prevail that starving my DH is probably not acceptable. :glare: Plus I am also sure he is no idea that there is a strike, as relationships generally go; I'm sure he'll have fun tonight when he hears of my posts.

If it is okay to say, I will keep you in prayer!
You don't have to tell the other striker. Just have the pizza guy sneak it to you!

Thank you--I appreciate all the prayer I can get.

:)Barbara

Feeling sick is no fun - HUGS!!!!

I made two things today.

1. This recipe, which I made mannnny times. It's called bean soup with Kale. I always add some kind of protein, one time it was fish - tonight pork. I also only had diced tomatoes in the house and we always use a can of black beans. One time I used white. I also increased the amount of Kale a little to use up the rest of the Kale I had.

Bean Soup With Kale Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I didn't use chicken broth this time. Last night I made some stock using a ham bone, a little ham and a bunch of stock ingredients like onions, carrots, etc.

When cooking the soup - I threw in some pork chops and let them cook and than pulled them out and cut into bite size pieces and put back into the soup.

2. I went on a small apple picking trip with my kids today. got Mutzu apples. Made an apple pie with homemade pie crusts. Kids helped a little. Chayse had fun with the extra dough making stuff like you would with playdough.

The recipe I followed is the same one I followed last year. See here for link:
Marys Kitchen Adventures: apple pie

Back
Top Bottom