What are you eating Saturday January 16, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
another sleepless night arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggg!!

i am about to make a pot of fresh ground flavored blend coffee. i give up on trying to sleep, i will pass out when the body wants to.
a slice of date nut bread with a schmear of cream cheese and a slice of cranberry, tangerine nut bread to go with the coffee for breakfast.

i am thinking lamb, rice and salad for dinner.

what are you eating?

Nutting exciting, I'm too tick and tuffed up to taste anyting.
img_871578_0_cd32514354b06ba875d332fdf064c060.jpg

We had pasta with smoked salmon,fresh cream and red radicchio dressing,it was delicious,now I am thinking about dinner.. no ideas at all...

Ken and I have a fancy shmancy party to attend tonight. So I will likely be dining on rare beef and all the assorted sides.

My kiddos will make their request when they finally get out of bed.

No party for me tonight...:(
Just a wee bit of Bourbon ~~~ A big pot of Mustard Greens/Turnip Roots seasoned with country ham and a small piece of bacon...The pot likker already taste sooooooooo good! ~~~ A Few Fresh Gulf Oysters, and a few Catfish filets fried in p-nut oil ~~~ A small pone of corn bread will round it out ~~~ D-Zert will be Blue Bell Home Made Vanilla Ice Cream ~~ Later maybe a few slow sips of Wild Turkey American Honey!

Breakfast we had eggs, bacon and toast. Lunch....will be light because breakfast was late, lol. Dinner- 3 bean chili and Amish bread bowls :D

Gotta figure tonight's snack....hmmm....

UncleBob- one of my girlfriends LOVES American Honey....I gotta try me some of that !!

ok hub picked up lambs chops that were on sale and OMG they are tiny!!

i think it will be groiled marinated lamb chops, buttered jasmine rice, greek salad and store bought french bread heated in the oven till crispy.

Nutting exciting, I'm too tick and tuffed up to taste anyting.

Sorry to hear you are sick, GOAMK. I hope you feel better soon.

We are all fighting colds and so far are winning. I am still battling a swollen leg so meals are easy prep.

It is Dad and I tonight and I have a request from him - salisbury steaks with onion gravy, mashed potatoes and peas. It is easy because the "steaks" are already made and in the freezer and I am cheating with packaged gravy! :ohmy:

SO and I are going to my sister's home for dinner tonight. She is making an Armenian (Near East) dish made with raw ground beef, bulgar, tomato, parsley, onion and seasonings. It's served with chopped fresh scallions and parsley and moistened Near Eastern wafer bread.

SO will have something else. She can't deal with the raw beef.

Dessert will be a nice looking frosted layer cake with strawberry filling between the layers.

Going out! Not fancy...our church is doing one of those Italian meal-and-murder shows, and I'm actually getting DH out to do something social! Love him, but he's a real stay-at-home-bump.:-p So it will be bag-o-salad, spag with jar sauce, and Who Knows for dessert. And I'll love every minute of it!;) Why? See the "bump" comment.:LOL:

Inspired by Tony B.'s episode in Chile.

Chilean sea bass with a cognac cream crab sauce.

Spanish style pan fried potatoes, sauteed spinach with crisped julienned strips of Spanish chorizo.

Inspired by Tony B.'s episode in Chile.

Chilean sea bass with a cognac cream crab sauce.

Spanish style pan fried potatoes, sauteed spinach with crisped julienned strips of Spanish chorizo.

Who's Tony B?

????

Tony Bourdain. No reservations. Probably the best food show on TV.

The Chile episode was an inspiration to me. Last week I did a Provancal riff on some braised short ribs that he got from a street vendor at a Chilean rodeo. They were marvelous.

Oh, I thought you were referring to my DH and wondered when he went to Chile without me.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I wouldn't have gotten Anthony Bourdain out of it either but I have only read his books and seen him as guest judge on a few shows - we don't get "No Reservations" here so I haven't heard the more familiar name. I hope they do bring the show to Canada, I like him a lot.

Back
Top Bottom