What are you eating Saturday September 21, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I prepped everything to make meat pies yesterday. All I need to do is mix the prepped things (cubed) into the ricotta. I will hopefully bake the mini meat pies this afternoon.

Dinner is supposed to be chicken and veggie stir fry.

September 21

3rd day of planing a Tonkatsu meal.. Life, takeout and snacks have postponed this dinner for us the past two days... Maybe tonight..

Ross

We went to Costco yesterday and spent $7 lb. on 20 loin lamb chops from Australia, and worth every penny. We'll pan fry 4 of them tonight and freeze the rest.

Sides to be determined.

We're planning on Mock Armadillo with rødkål and potato boats. (Danish pork meat loaf, Danish red cabbage, potato wedges) We'll see if we succeed.

Right now I'm planning what is commonly referred to as Shrimp Alfredo. I prefer to think of it as shrimp and pasta in a parmesan cream sauce.

Temps are back up in the 80s today, so we're going to be grilling a NY strip steak, too. Some kind of potatoes and probably a salad to go with it.

And here's the perfect song to get you on your feet for National Dance Day ;)
https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

Last edited:
Dinner was half a homemade mini meat pie and a salad.

mini_meat_pies_092118_IMG_6265.jpg

sliced_mini_meat_pie_092118_IMG_6267.jpg

salad_092118_IMG_6268.jpg

Carpaccio made with rib eye, with a mustard aioli, capers, parm shavings and lightly dressed arugula. The other dish is marinated red and orange bell peppers and onions.

Attachments

• 2019-09-21 18.18.48.jpg
    2019-09-21 18.18.48.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 2019-09-21 18.18.17.jpg
    2019-09-21 18.18.17.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 112
We made SousChef's Shrimp Eggs Fu Yung for dinner. Straight forward easy to make recipe. Didn't figure out a way to make them higher more quiche like which is how our Chinese take out tends to make if the old owner was making them. In his wok of course! No matter, these are tasty. I had difficulty finding fresh bean sprouts, not at my grocers. Found some at a local food co-op. We used my small non stick egg cooking pan. We served lemon garlic fresh green beans along side.

MsM, that beef pot pie looks amazing - love the beautiful crust! :yum:
I had a skillet dinner this afternoon - chopped bell pepper, potatoes, onions, and eggs. A sliced of good sourdough, toasted, and strawberries on the side.

Last edited:
We're planning on Mock Armadillo with rødkål and potato boats. (Danish pork meat loaf, Danish red cabbage, potato wedges) We'll see if we succeed.

Well, I pooped out. The plan was for me to make the rødkål and prep the taters and Stirling would make the mock armadillo. I got as far as shredding all the cabbage on the mandolin and completely pooped out. Stirling had to finish making the cabbage dish, so he didn't have enough spoons to make the mock armadillo. The cabbage dish is still cooking. We used some vinegar that wasn't very sour and that was a mistake. I added some stronger vinegar and now there's a bit too much liquid, so it's being reduced. I hope I didn't muck this up by telling Stirling to use the wimpy vinegar. He did leave out the sugar, but the whole thing was kinda flavourless until I added the stronger vinegar. Ah well, live and learn.

So, we ordered out. I got a Cobb salad and Stirling got a "Mexican poutine". We were both happy with our meals.

We had garden salads (mixed greens, corn off the cob, salad olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, sunflower seeds) and his and hers Naan pizzas. Himself had red sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion, and prosciutto; mine was a white pizza with spinach, mushroom, black olives, and prosciutto. Lotza mozz on each of them.

Back
Top Bottom