What did you have for dinner, Monday, 7-19-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
This was our dinner last night.... I threw a chicken/potato casserole together. On the side, sliced orange.

img_909543_0_fe0676a8c0e47d068113e40a584e1389.jpg

img_909543_1_2f21d017dee9096c2fba15b3b0e9807c.jpg

Well, since poor hubby didn't get home from work until quite late, & - as usual - I'd bought more than my fair share of heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market Saturday, last night we just enjoyed good old Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Sandwiches.

Were quick, easy, & hit the spot without being overly heavy before bedtime.

Well, since poor hubby didn't get home from work until quite late, & - as usual - I'd bought more than my fair share of heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market Saturday, last night we just enjoyed good old Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato Sandwiches.

Were quick, easy, & hit the spot without being overly heavy before bedtime.

I ate my very first heirloom tomato the other day. It was absolutely the finest tasting tomato I have ever eaten. I went back to the organic store to get some more but they were all sold out and don't know if/when they will get more. I would love a BLT with one - maybe with some pancetta and provolone!

They sell out really fast at our farmers market as well. I was lucky enough to snag a few large purple types, some "Green Zebras", & then a few organically grown but not really heirloom "Lemon Boys". I love the different colors.

Normally grow them myself, but busting my wrist during our horrid Feb. blizzards sort of put the kabosh on my normal indoor seed-starting. But I don't mind patronizing the local farmers market instead.

Oh, I planted Lemon Boys this year and can't wait for them to be ready. Which reminds me, I better go water my big garden - four little tomato plants LOL!

"Lemon Boy" is a great tomato!!! Colorful, tangy, & with great tomato flavor. It's one of my favorites of the yellow tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom