What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buck Skins
39817-albums933-picture5649.jpg

Those look delicious!!

Today I had greek yogurt, 1 slice of light wheat toast w pbj, coffee, no cream, & a glazed donut

I made Shrek some buttermilk pancakes with blue berries, butter and maple syrup...okay, I had some, too! Coffee and V-8 with my meds.

Made a huge loaf of Sally Lunn yesterday and turned a number of slices into French toast for this morning's breakfast. Fried up some of the (almost) last of the Fraboni's breakfast sausages, then finished with cranberry juice and coffee.

Fraboni's is an Italian meat company in northern Minnesota that I came to love when I lived there. When Glenn and I vacationed there this summer I brought home a cooler load of their yummies.

I inherited very bad genes. I am on meds, but my lipids were not really good until I limited carbs and added the exercise. I don't know if that would have happened without the meds. You are lucky.

I don't see myself giving up eggs anytime soon. If they ever prove they are the culprit I will start waving goodbye now. Sometimes I do have egg beaters rather than eggs, but most of the time it's regular eggs. I don't care what they say, you can't hard boil egg beaters. LOL

You correctly interpreted that my misspelled word was "genes."

Yes I was lucky. Cholesterol is not a problem, nor does cancer run in my family.

I'm going to have a blood panel run next time I see my doctor (next month). When and if my cholesterol goes over the recommended limits then I'll consider changing my lifestyle.

DA and I had this morning before church: Strawberry yogurt, two pieces of bacon, a scrambled egg with cheese in it and cups of Irish Breakfast Tea. It was very nice!

Your friend,
~Cat

I'm making some fried Polenta. We had a discussion on another thread and it made me hungry for it. It's a little late for breakfast, but as soon as my Polenta firms up I'm going to fry some and see if it is like what my mother made years ago. I guess it will be closer to lunch time.

I'm making some fried Polenta. We had a discussion on another thread and it made me hungry for it. It's a little late for breakfast, but as soon as my Polenta firms up I'm going to fry some and see if it is like what my mother made years ago. I guess it will be closer to lunch time.

Sounds like what I grew up knowing as fried "mush," which is a cornmeal porridge-like mixture that is refrigerated and then sliced and fried much like polenta.

Sounds like what I grew up knowing as fried "mush," which is a cornmeal porridge-like mixture that is refrigerated and then sliced and fried much like polenta.

Katie, my refrigerated mush did not solidify. It tasted good, but never got firm enough to slice so I could fry it. I think I didn't cook it long enough. After I made it, I was reading about it online and it said to cook it, stirring, until it started to pull away from the sides of the pan. Mine was not pulling away. I will try it another day.

Today, my husband is having some peach cobbler I made, and I am having my old standard, scrambled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom