What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anitas Breakfast Burrito. . ."The Big Guy' is my fave. Open at 5AM, and serving until 4PM on the weekends, I haven't had a bad meal yet. The Cowboy is incredible. . .One is great, two and forget about what ever it was you wanted to do that day, as it is a food coma inducing, nap time burrito.

img114.jpg

NOTE: These things are HANDFUL size burritos, and I think they are the best breakfast deal in NOVA.

I will try to get pics up next weekend when I go over.

Last edited:
Guys Weetbix is wheat, not shredded wheat though, more compacted wheat

As Tatt said, it is a more solid, compact bar...but easy to break up and goes nice and soft, almost soggy in milk...they are really nice :)

Weetbix is the Australian version

Weetbix

Weetabix is the English version

Weetabix

Last edited:
wheatabix are really good, and oddly enough healthy all the same. (the twain don't often meet)

dw asked me to pick up fresh nyc bagels on the way home in the morning, so i think i'm going to make an old fave again: sauteed shallots, chopped large ring pepperoni, and scrambled eggs on a bagel.

i may also pick up some whole smoked whitefish and cream cheese to have with the bagels. my little guy is so proud of being part norskie that if i tell him smoked fish, bagels, and a shmear were what vikings ate for breakfast, he'll gobble it up.

i'll bet you didn't know that many vikings were jewish, did you... lol.

you sound like bolas trying to explain to her madgesty why he has glitter on his suit and no singles left in his wallet...

I've had my protein for the day:

Homemade hot chicken sausage (2 oz) chickpea (about 1/4 c)-grated beet--(1 small) potato (1 small yellow)-jalapeno (1/2 med) hash topped by a poached egg garnished with a bit of grated beet, a serving of Swiss Chard and a side of red and white (1/2+1/2) Quinoa.

Attachments

• CWS_chickpea hash 002.jpg
    CWS_chickpea hash 002.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 255
I've had my protein for the day:

Homemade hot chicken sausage (2 oz) chickpea (about 1/4 c)-grated beet--(1 small) potato (1 small yellow)-jalapeno (1/2 med) hash topped by a poached egg garnished with a bit of grated beet, a serving of Swiss Chard and a side of red and white (1/2+1/2) Quinoa.

Love it! I could have used even a portion of that protein this morning!

after watching master chef tonight, my wife and son have callenged me to bring home a dozen eggs in the morning and make them a delicious sunny side up egg (easy), an exquisite poached egg (pretty easy), and a perfect soft boiled egg (not so easy).

did i sound like chef ramsay? lol. :chef:

i'll need help with the soft boiled, so i think i'll start a thread.

the rest will be hard boiled and made into devilled eggs since the boy and i love them so much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom