What is your signature dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first of all cook chicken in indain/pakistani style. when chicken will be soft enough then add shimla mirsh' Matar' Band Gobhi' Shaljam' carrot' Potatao' and u can add a few more vegetables those are available in ur country by season.
cook them until they will be soft. u can also use this dish for sandwiches and rolls.
Give me some time and i will send u complete recipe in details. then u can cook it very well.
Thanks

Shimla mirsh - green bell pepper
Matar - green peas
Band gobhi - white cabbage
Shaljam - turnip
Potato
Carrot

Sounds great.

What's your signature dish?

What do you make that everyone knows you by? Mine is lasagne, eggnog bread and clam chowder :chef:

Hmmm, I guess it would be my black bean salad.I take it to almost every picnic type event because it needs no refridgeration.

Sure!
Two cans of black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup of thawed,drained white corn or two ears of fresh off the cob
1/4 cup of red onion chopped
1 large chopped tomato or a half a can of drained canned diced tomatoes
juice of one or two limes
two roasted garlic cloves
EVOO
splash of red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro if you like it
Sometimes I add a little diced avocado or even mango

That depends upon which of my family or friends you are talking about.

If I'm the one saying, I would say CCO's, Scallops Tommy, Maque Choux and Mama's Cornbread Dressing. :)

Pizza, not really a dish, it's what I'm known for because it's what I made at a club. Takes at least three days to make, all toppings are "fresh".

Then comes ... bread. Again not really a dish. If I show up where Wife works with 4 loaves their gone at $4 a pop.

I'm also known for Pies. Not really a dish, either. Secret to a pie is the crust ... Mom made the best crusts of anyone ... Mom has asked me to quit bringing pies to family get togethers ... Moms REAL competitive.

I would say Ribs. Both slab and Western. A rub on the slab and marinade on western. Both are smoked over direct heat, it's a juggling act of fire. My grill is under two feet of snow .... WAAAaaaaaaaa .......

Sort of funny, I grew up with good food but I had no idea it was so easy.

Mine is lasagna. I find that the difference in poor or great lasagna is the sauce. I always make my own sauce with fresh or canned roma tomatoes. I de-seed them and simmer them with my favourite spices. The magic is a couple of table spoons of fresh lemon juice and I don't simmer it too long so that it keeps the fresh flavour and orangy colour without the darker colour that comes with long simmering.

For the holidays I make pretzel bark, 2 ingredients but so yummy!

White candy melts
Lightly salted pretzels
Sheet pan
Silpat/parchment/wax paper

Place desired amount of candy melts in microwave safe bowl and heat until melted stirring occasionally. Crush up pretzels in a zipper bag and add to the bowl. Mix to combine and evenly spread on to the lined sheet pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and break into pieces... "bark".

I also drizzle some red candy melts over the top to make them look extra pretty.

For party appetizers I've been doing an artichoke crab spread with onions, very good on toasted bread or water crackers :

1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan
1 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained and flaked
1 small yellow onion

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Crackers

Preheat oven to 325F.
Thinly slice and caramelize onions

Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl.
Transfer to 8-1/2 X 5-inch baking dish
Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake until top is browned, about 30 minutes.
Serve immediately with crackers or thinly sliced bread.

Enjoy!

For banana pudding I'll try to make it in four hours! One of these days I really AM going to come and see you....look out Texas!

Promises, promises....:LOL::LOL::LOL: Actually, I've thought the same thing about going up to Canada to see you!

If you go to see her, I would suggest that you wait until at least June. The temperature here on the Canada border, where I live, has been hovering between 10 to -15 degrees for the last week or so. and so much shoveling has been done this year. I'm not sure a Texan could take our winters, not that there's anything wimpy about Texans. I can't take the Texas heat either. My body is accustomed to more moderate heat, even if I can handle extreme cold quite easily.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have several...my fried chicken, chicken and rolled dumplings, several soups, including vegetable beef soup, potato soup, clam chowder, cabbage rolls, Texas More, pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans....etc, etc, etc.

I'm old, and have had a lot of time.

I'd trade it all to be young again!

my family likes the way I do salmon, pork & beans, roasted potatoes, and turtle cheesecake - not really "signature", but enjoyed by all.

Back
Top Bottom