What's cookin' Mon. June 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been having a craving for home made french fries. So, it will be that with some chicken fingers. Maybe some cole-slaw. If I don't keep drinking the trademark beer.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 174
Welcome back!!!!!

I made some cube steaks on the grill, steamed some green and yellow beans from the garden, made cucumbers with sour cream & dill (cucumbers and dill from the garden), and sliced up some fresh tomatoes.

We had to go grocery shopping tonight... So we had some chickfila calendar coupons and decided to put them to good use. Mw and DH got a milkshake, spicy chicken sandwich, 8 count chicken nuggets and a regular chicken sandwich for about $5.60.

I had my meats all cubed and warming in the sesame oil while the rice was cooking in the cooker. Went to get the bottle of teriyaki sauce and found what I thought was teriyaki sauce was really a marinade/cooking sauce. Added it anyway and it made a fairly decent flavorful sauce. DH even went back for seconds and wants to take the leftovers to work for lunch.

No breading, seared in garlic butter. Lime juice squeezed on.:pig:

oops, my bad. I guess you saying that they were fried had me thinking they were breaded and fried, not pan seared. There's far too much terminolgy in cooking ;)

My po boys hit the spot, as did the grilled potato wedges.

simple grilled chicken with a big bowl of garden fresh potatoes and green beans tossed with fresh made pesto! watermellon. an OMG of early summer!

Thanks for all the welcome back's, friends! :mrgreen:
If you'd be interested in a full three part report complete with pictures on our recent trip, you could go to our website. Steve and I, (mostly Steve) write stories of each of our adventures, and this last one was a doozie.

http://stevekathytravels.com

We're both wanting typical American grub tonight, so it's grilled rib eye steaks, green salad and garlic toast. Yummm........;)

oops, my bad. I guess you saying that they were fried had me thinking they were breaded and fried, not pan seared. There's far too much terminolgy in cooking ;)

My po boys hit the spot, as did the grilled potato wedges.

They were tender and tasty...fruit salad and coleslaw...I might be able to move in three days.:pig:

welcome back k-l.

looks good mama and rock.

i grilled some boneless chicken breasts, eye round steaks, and a sweet onion. dw made nuked spuds and tomato salad to go with it.

img_1017231_0_a32d882d60c1e60f52eb9b26c77c8a73.jpg

We had rotisserie chicken, fresh corn, and refrigerator pickles made with cucumbers and red onion from my garden! Leftovers go with me to work tomorrow for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom