"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
we're postponing dinner till tomorrow. i'm with a queasy stomach tonite. braunswieger sounds great on saltine crackers. that's 'bout it! dagnabbit.

I'm sorry you're not feeling good, sweetie. But...braunswieger? Is that gonna help? I hope so, and if it does, let me know, ok?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

i don't have a clue. it is 99 degrees here. the air cond. is keeping up but don't want to add more heat to the house. maybe some disgusting store bought chicken fingers in the micro. have several kinds of ice cream in freezer. about two had crackers and v'8 so not all that hungry yet.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleyard14 View Post
I had an early dinner tonight, we were cooking for the cookbook, heres the photo. It is southern fried chicken served with creole creamed corn, and jambalaya green beans
i've seen such elegant fried chicken!! dang!!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
Master Chef

did an all nighter/dayer again and my tummy not feeling good either. i steamed fresh string beans and served with fried veggie rice (for family), sticky white rice (for me) and lobster sauce all ordered take out. i also have wonton soup for later and an egg roll.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #25
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
i've seen such elegant fried chicken!! dang!!
I am addicted to plating, haha. No matter what kind of food I always get obsessed with making it look good
Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
I am addicted to plating, haha. No matter what kind of food I always get obsessed with making it look good
typo that was SUPPOSED to read

i've NEVER seen such elegant fried chicken!! dang!!

you did a great job!!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Senior Cook

haha I thought that was what it said anyway I didnt even notice! Thank you though m! Since I ate so early I decided to make a watermelon feta greek style salad. I will upload pictures shortly
Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
haha I thought that was what it said anyway I didnt even notice! Thank you though m! Since I ate so early I decided to make a watermelon feta greek style salad. I will upload pictures shortly
i have been wanting a watermellon margarita!!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
Senior Cook

msmofet you know what is good? puree a watermelon then strain it and add it to some champagne! its a super girly sumemr drink but I love them
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #30
Master Chef

Quote:
msmofet you know what is good? puree a watermelon then strain it and add it to some champagne! its a super girly sumemr drink but I love them
that sounds great but my tight arse hubby gives me grief if i SMELL booze!! argggggggggg my family and i don't a drinking prob hes just a ................. neva mind. i am thinking of sneaking out for a girlie drink!! lol