"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
Head Chef

What's For Dinner Memorial Day - May 28, 2007?

It's cloudy today and it's suppose to rain a little.....

However, my dad is having a small cookout. He'll be having grilled sausages and hotdogs. Plus lots of sides and snackie things like chips ect.
I'm bringing homemade lemonaide and a chocolate estacy strawberry cake that I made. Caine introduced me to the cake. Looking forward to trying it later.

What is everyone else eating today?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Head Chef

We are having a bbq for about 11... brats, kraut, cole slaw, "the" potatoes, corn on the cob, beans and a marionberry dessert. Should be yummy!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
Head Chef

nice day in central ny
Just hubbie and me today cooking filet migons on the grill, baked patatos and got some corn on the cob and a toss salad ymmy. then a big pcs of chocolate cake later in the day
Old 05-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Assistant Cook

Well it isn't a holiday in Canada :-( .... so I think we'll be using up leftovers from the weekend. We have to eat quick tonight so we'll be done before the hockey game starts. I'm from Ottawa and we're going for the Stanley Cup.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:27 AM   #5
Head Chef

We're going to the Taste of Cincinnati later today so dinner will probably leftover adobo sirloin steak (I'll make quesadillas out of it).

Its drizzling here now and overcast.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #6
Sous Chef

BBQ Ribs, live by myself and have a whole day to tend to them. still letting em marinate, soon the baking process, then rubbing, more baking, and a grill session to cap it off!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
homemade Chicken and Sweetcorn soup and homebaked bread.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
Executive Chef

we'll be in the garden planting all day. so no barbeque but instead, it'll be home made potato salad out of little tiny Yukon golds I bought yesterday. Deviled eggs, those wonderful meatballs of IG's I made a couple of days ago on huge buns with marinara sauce, (IG's too) and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese atop each one. I'll only have the meatballs sans the buns and the cheese. I'm also making little tartlets of lemon meringue cheesecake thingies. Hubby adores lemon and I made the filling the other day for over the top of my Chinese Lemon Baked Chicken. Should be a good day, nice and coolish so far here today in the high desert @ 68 where as it's hotter 'en 'h&!! in Vegas I hear where it's also a desert. Go figure!...

Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there and to the men and women in the Military now or previously, many many thank yous.............Hats off to you...
Old 05-28-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
Senior Cook

Hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cobb, baked beans and then a long walk to look at the wild flowers.

later
Old 05-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
I've got company for a cookout, so I dug into my Omaha Steaks stash. I got pork loin center cut chops, I got beef tenderloin steaks, I got beef hot dogs, I got beef burgers, and I'm perusing my recipe folder to find appropriate marinades for the steaks and chops. I know I am going to use five spice for half the pork chops, and bulgogi for half the staks, so I just need two more. I'm thinking maybe beef brocoli marinade for the other steaks and bourbon chicken marinade for the other chops.

I also have corn on the cob, broccoli, macaroni salad, and a green salad, and I just might be persuaded into making my world famous Southwest Caesar salad dressing.