"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #1
Head Chef
What's for dinner, Saturday 10-17-15

Eggs cocotte with wild mushrooms, gruyere and TRUFFLES! Side dish of potato gratin with crème fraiche, gruyere and thyme .

medtran49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
Well, it was going to be Chinese pepper steak over rice. Then SO came home with a baguette fresh from the oven so the menu was changed to beef barley soup with mushrooms.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
Master Chef
Mmmm.....beef barley soup. I love that - added it to my 'to make' list for when the weather cools down.

I'm just going to nibble on smoked clams with saltines this afternoon. Maybe a small fruit salad on the side.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
What I WANT to make is turkey cabbage soup. Unfortunately, there are still too many musgoes to be dispatched.

So it will probably be leftover spaghetti and Italian sausage.

Mmm, beef barley soup...(no, Dawg, no more until we get rid of what we already have.)
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
I made a baked potato soup served with crusty bread. Oatmeal apple walnut caramel cookies for dessert.
I'm Bloggin'

bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm movin' slowly these days but we enjoyed a beautiful day and a satisfying meal of spaghetti and meatballs, steamed Italian green beans (from last season's garden), homemade baguette with garlic butter, and iced tea. No room for dessert.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #7
Master Chef
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Eggs cocotte with wild mushrooms, gruyere and TRUFFLES! Side dish of potato gratin with crème fraiche, gruyere and thyme .
Very fancy Medtran. Sounds heavenly.

The SousChef is bringing home take out from the Greek Resto. He was on the Pumpkin Train today with our little Cheyenne (GD) on board. He better have some good pictures!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Executive Chef
The oeufs sound absolutely amazing Medtran. Actually everyone's dinner sounds great.

The Whiska house is in turmoil. I thought I was listening to football on the radio this afternoon and only closed my eyes for a second..... 5 hours later, and definitely behind the eight ball, I discover we are out of both kibbles and cat tuna, so it's off to the store Before I even think about dinner. Probably raid the deli while I am there for something for supper.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #9
Senior Cook
I had a mouse burger from Fuddruckers.
Hubby had a Mexican breakfast burger.
Mouse burger is a burger with all 6 cheeses plus bacon and grilled onions.
Mexican breakfast burger is a burger with avocado, guacamole, bacon, fried egg, grilled onions and cheddar cheese.
cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #10
Proud American
Our hosts left for a short trip, but they will be back Monday. Uncle Nicu is feeling better, and we had a nice breakfast dinner of scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, waffles and fruit. I have to be careful for of his surgery and no fat or fried food.

Also he did have some butter but he is well with it. Joyce has fat-free sandwich meats and cheese and mayonnaise he had for lunch. I made him a nice fat sandwich and he had a Honeycrisp apple. Those are very good, yes?

CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote