What's for Dinner, Saturday April 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm leaning toward experimenting with small pizzas...gonna use a no knead recipe that makes 2 14 inch pizzas but will try to make 6 small pizzas....want to fill three of them and maybe partially bake the other three crusts to freeze??

probably will only top with pizza sauce, mozzarella and ricotta cheeses:)

What are you fixing?

What is for Dinner, Saturday, April 11th?

I'm not sure yet. I have leftovers, so it might be fettucine.

If not that, then a salad and garlic bread.

What are you having today? :chef:

Hi Beth! :)

Pizza sounds good, but I might have leftovers of fettucine that I made last night. Other than that, it's a tossed salad with garlic bread.

Well I have tomorrow all planned, so now I have no clue what to do for tonight. Something non poultry. LOL. Leaves things wide open doesn't it?

Someone else come and post so I get some ideas.

I am grilling chicken sausages, red and yellow peppers and polenta. Greek salad on the side. Maybe sneek an Easter cupcake for dessert.

Using up the red and green peppers I got at the produce stand to make chicken fajitas. Marinated the chicken, peppers and onion in olive oil, lemon jiuce, garlic, oregano, cumin and salt and pepper. I'll probably broil the chicken and vegetables because I'm too lazy to light the charcoal for the grill. Refried red beans, salsa, cheese, lettuce and sour cream to go with them

A very large pile of buffalo wings, celery sticks, blue cheese and ranch dressings :pig:

peppermint ice cream night, yum! jake's playing with his new remote control truck so a dinner isn't much of an option.

Getting things ready for tomorrow, so super will be easy..Grilled cheese,tomato soup and mixed fresh fruit for all of us...no dessert..all the goodies are for Sunday:LOL:
kades

Getting things ready for tomorrow, so super will be easy..Grilled cheese,tomato soup and mixed fresh fruit for all of us...no dessert..all the goodies are for Sunday:LOL:
kades

nothing like grilled cheeses & tomato soup.

I'm cleaning out the refrigerator. I mixed the leftover calzone filling (ground beef, chopped pepperoni, two kinds of cheese, sliced green olives and mushrooms) with a little dab of leftover Easy Mac, cooked the small remains in a bag of pasta (small shells) and added that, along 2 sliced Johnsonville Polish sausages with cheese (hot dog size), and of course, the ubiquitous can of cream of mushroom soup. It's not exactly fine cuisine, but it's gonna be tasty!

I had a h*** of a good time cooking so far this weekend. Yesterday tried out a new scallop appetizer: Thinly sliced beet chips with a seared scallop on top, topped with alphalfa sprout salad, drizzled with a lemon vinagriette.
Today made fresh tagliettelle with a cream sauce crispy bacon, garnished with crispy fried onions and a fried egg
both turned out very nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Dad and I so I made us hot dogs with fried onions and we each had a glass of milk! That was it! It is so good having him around because I am eating things I remember as a kid. That was one of the few foods I could make when I was young (that and macaroni and cheese, not KD) so if my Mom was out or ill that is what we would have.

It was just me tonight so I made my funky fajitas with grilled chicken, sauteed poblanos, onions & eggplant with (fresh) baked flour tortillas until crunchy & hot sauce with a glass of red wine. It was yummy!

Just Dad and I so I made us hot dogs with fried onions and we each had a glass of milk! That was it! It is so good having him around because I am eating things I remember as a kid. That was one of the few foods I could make when I was young (that and macaroni and cheese, not KD) so if my Mom was out or ill that is what we would have.

How do you make "hot dogs with fried onions"? That sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom