What's For Dinner, Sunday, April 29, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
It is a gorgeous day, with a cooling breeze here. DH has lots of work to do, so he's on the balcony in the sun doing he reading. Mean while, I've chopped a water melon, the first we are eating this year, into a bowl with lots of mint springs and we're chomping on that.

Tonight we are having a mixture of bought salads, jared veg, including the most delicious mushrooms in oil, and salad. :chef:

Dinner at our house in NH

I'm going to make 2 pizza's using homemade pizza dough that I made the other day. One pizza will have homemade pizza sauce, mozz cheese and pepperoni. I was lazy and ended up buying the bagged cheese. The other pizza will have Ragu Cheesy Alfredo Sauce, Feta Cheese, Red Onions and Kalmata olives on it. I don't know if I'm going to make the pizza in the afternon or more towards the evening.

Beautiful day here too, grilling steaks and portabellas, corn on the cob,tomatoes,vidalia onions,hash browns and crusty bread. Still have butterscotch pie left.

Last edited:
Today is my birthday and my dh is in the hospital. I will be leaving a little early tonight and meeting some friends for dinner. I am looking forward to something other than hospital cafeteria food, especially on my birthday.;)

Happy Birthday

Essiebunny said:
Today is my birthday and my dh is in the hospital. I will be leaving a little early tonight and meeting some friends for dinner. I am looking forward to something other than hospital cafeteria food, especially on my birthday.;)

Happy Birthday!!!! :)

Sunday free for all:LOL: grilled ribeyes with herb butter, vidalia onion caserrole, big green salad, garlic parmesan bread, platter of watermelon, cantalope, grapes, berries.corn on the cob, and angel hair pasta with evoo and red pepper flakes, dessert i put together sundaes with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, layered with chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce, and butterscotch and will top it off with whipped cream and chopped nuts...
Happy Sunday everyone.

kadesma:)

gosh, kadesma, I usually feel exhausted after reading all the foods you fix for any given meal, how do you do it??

I will eat my fourth consecutive spinach salad;), for dinner tonight. Been making a dynamite raspberry vinegariette dressing, and will go with the croutons, crumbled bacon, chopped asparagus, ricotta cheese and sunflower seeds. I have been making the croutons and toasting the sunflower seeds in the bacon grease, although that product has been minimal, meat is very lean, so have been adding olive oil, then fresh garlic to the croutons.

DH returns tonight, so we will be onto spinach au gratin, creamed spinach and spinach soup. Did I mention the spinach is doing quite well:LOL: .

Beth, I'm really envious of you....Your spinach salads had me looking for baby leaf spinach in the supermarket, to no avail. Like you, I could eat spinach every day for a long while :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight my son Dennis and his fiancee are grilling dinner as a belated birthday present for Jimmy.It's going to be great although I'm not quite sure what the menu is- just the thought is great!!! Enjoy your dinners!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Uncle Bob said:
32 0z porterhouses and the trimmings.
Cheesecake for dessert!

I may explode!!!!!;)
you are NOT seriously eating that on your Own are you?
if memory serves isn`t 32Oz = ~ 1Kg?

Feeling like comfort food today. Kinda had the starch knocked out of us with the news of our friend's death, so today we're having roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, peas or green beans, baked onions, and penuche for dessert.

Uncle Bob said:
32 0z porterhouses and the trimmings.
Cheesecake for dessert!

I may explode!!!!!;)

ummmmmmmmm - excuse me? Did you forget something? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't a clue yet - I have left-over macaroni salad from a potluck dinner yesterday - haven't thought about it yet.

kitchenelf said:
ummmmmmmmm - excuse me? Did you forget something? :ROFLMAO:

I haven't a clue yet - I have left-over macaroni salad from a potluck dinner yesterday - haven't thought about it yet.

:ROFLMAO: No I didn't forget. "Dinner" on Sunday is the noon meal! Now before any supper (which tonight will probably be nothing) I will "remember":-p

bethzaring said:
gosh, kadesma, I usually feel exhausted after reading all the foods you fix for any given meal, how do you do it??

I will eat my fourth consecutive spinach salad;), for dinner tonight. Been making a dynamite raspberry vinegariette dressing, and will go with the croutons, crumbled bacon, chopped asparagus, ricotta cheese and sunflower seeds. I have been making the croutons and toasting the sunflower seeds in the bacon grease, although that product has been minimal, meat is very lean, so have been adding olive oil, then fresh garlic to the croutons.

DH returns tonight, so we will be onto spinach au gratin, creamed spinach and spinach soup. Did I mention the spinach is doing quite well:LOL: .
Beth I start by shopping on sat morning then preping what I can that evening..Sunday, I'm in the kitchen most of the day. The girls help and the oldest ones DH is my right hand when we gill..The clean up is left to the girls or I'd be a gonner the next day..I'd love your spinach salad,I love salad and could eat it twice a day and sometimes do. Ever try pawning off just salad and bread to men? WooHoo talk about war:ROFLMAO:

kadesma:)

I made waffles in my new George Foreman countertop toy this morning, and no waffles will ever pop out of a toaster in my house ever again!

No idea what to have for supper tonight, but most likely it wll be cooked on my new outdoor toy, the Char-Broiler stainless steel, 4 burner, gas barbeque grill. Maybe Ohama Steak hamburgers and/or hotdogs. I hate the idea of dragging out, assembling, and firing up the deep fryer for fries to go with that though. Maybe I'll just pick up some takeout when I go to Wallgreens for antacids and a new bath brush.

Back
Top Bottom