What's for dinner Sunday, January 14, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine is undecied- kinda flu-ish.
jake's touting crab/corn chowder.
dagnabbit!!!
he's cooking me my morning meal tommorow, though. & on a tray. my lovebug.

Last edited:
um, jake got an attitude with me, so instead of chowder, he's getting a peanutbutter sammich.
maybe..
& he'll likely consruct that item himself. maybe i'll get gloppy ucky non-jelly, also, to compliment that peaanutbutter if i decide he's kind later,then decide i like him again..:flowers:
maybe.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have leftovers from last night. I was supposed to have a rehearsal but showed up and we decided to play hookey and go out. We went to this nice italian place. I had fettucine with chicken, garlic, pine nuts, and broccoli in a cream sauce. It was so fun to just hang out with some friends minus two kids.

Italian pot roast, green beans and mashed potatoes. A delicious pound cake we got for Christmas from a dear foodie friend. He gave us a whole bundt cake and Buck and I just couldn't eat the whole thing over the holidays. Froze half, so it's defrosted and ready for us to devour.

Today is like Saturday for Lou and I because neither of us has work tomorrow:ROFLMAO:!

But, I'm making sunday food rather than Saturday romance dinner..:ermm:

Spinach salad with sauteed mushrooms and gorgonzola crumbled atop.

Meatloaf with red gravy, mashed potatoes, oven roasted corn and applesauce.

Dessert is either the chocolate pecan cookies or the citrus pound cake I made yesterday.

Maker's Mark for cocktails and cabernet for dinner.

There was a request for panini - so we'll make our favorite:

grilled portobello mushrooms, then sliced
roasted red peppers, sliced
goat cheese
mesclun mix
prosciutto
thin slices of red onion
kalamata olives
garlic basil oil drizzled on bread
some sort of bread - ciabatta if they have it, otherwise probably just a baguette
reduced balsamic drizzled on after it is done grilling

I made a big pot of goulash. I'd previously browned & froze the ground beef, onions and green peppers so it took no time at all to put together.

Some great sounding dinners tonight..

I'm thinking a can of sardines, sliced onion, sliced hoop cheese, pepper sauce or Lousisiana Hot sauce or both and saltine crackers...:chef:

We're having spaghetti and meatballs. Everyone's dinner sounds great! Love your menu kitchenelf. Vera, what is red gravy? Is that tomatoe sauce? Uncle Bob, what is hoop cheese? Katie E, what is italian pot roast?

amber said:
Katie E, what is italian pot roast?
Italian pot roast is a beef roast cooked in a tomato-based sauce. Here are the ingredients:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 (3 to 4 lb.) boneless chuck roast
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup beef broth
2 (6-oz.) cans tomato paste
1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce (I use my own oven-roasted tomato sauce)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. hot sauce

In my large pressure cooker I brown the beef in the oil until it's nice and brown all over. After the beef is browned, remove it to a plate and saute the onion and garlic until just tender. Put the meat back in and add the rest of the ingredients. Cover the cooker and cook under pressure gently for about 45 minutes or so. Cool pressure cooker according to manufacturer's directions and serve the beef with the sauce.

I'm going to serve it with mashed potatoes tonight, but it could just as easily be served with pasta and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

This recipe makes a LOT, so it would be good for a large family for plenty leftovers. I may freeze half of it since it's only Buck and me. Normally I would've prepared half the recipe, but today is such a yucky day I just went for it.

Uncle Bob said:
Some great sounding dinners tonight..

I'm thinking a can of sardines, sliced onion, sliced hoop cheese, pepper sauce or Lousisiana Hot sauce or both and saltine crackers...:chef:
Sounds good to me ! (After a few beers) ! :-p

I went to visit my friends in Santa Barbara on Saturday and I am still here. We will probably go out to dinner but we are not sure what we are in the mood for.

I slow roasted a chuck roast this morning and I made a huge kettle of beef vegtable soup with it for dinner. It has been foggy and rainy here for 3 straight days, soup just sounded good.

It's been down in the teens in the mornings here, so darn cold the orchards have been putting water around the trees during the day,by morning you see melting lakes of ice!! So, I'm making a big pot of Cioppino, with halibut,shrimp,bay scallops,crab,clams. A green salad, lots of warm crunchy Italian bread and butter, dessert, large chocolate muffins with chocolate chips and vanilla ice cream...

kadesma;)

It's only me -so leftovers from last night- I'm not complaining- it was good!!!
Love and energy, Vicki

buckytom said:
we're going here tonight: Charlie Browns Steakhouse

i'll probably start with the crab dip, and have the double cut prime rib.

Charlie Brown's has one of the best salad bars (the one in Old Tappan anyway) and they sure make a mean mojito!!!Hope you enjoyed you dinner Bucky.
Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom