What's for Dinner? Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
I'm still undecided here. There's a chuck roast in the fridge that's thawed, but by the time I get home it will probably be too late to do anything with it.

I also have ingredients for Gaeng Panang Gai (Thai Chicken Curry), so I'm thinking that might be a better option.

I had a pumpkin-curry. We wanted to make pumpkin-soup on Sat, but things went different, so I had to do something with it..

Attachments

• 2014-01-28 Kürbiscurry_kl.JPG
    2014-01-28 Kürbiscurry_kl.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 134
Left my wife and daughter a crock pot of 15 bean soup when I left for the airport at 5:30 this morning. Landed in Appleton WI and it is a balm -3.

GA Home Cook, at least you can be comforted by the thought that they're cold there too. Just checked Weatherbug - they report your GA temp as 19.4. It's
shiver-1.gif
all over!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a lot of little bits of this and that, so I'll make a nice salad and then we'll attack the leftovers.

GA Home Cook, at least you can be comforted by the thought that they're cold there too. Just checked Weatherbug - they report your GA temp as 19.4. It's
shiver-1.gif
all over!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a lot of little bits of this and that, so I'll make a nice salad and then we'll attack the leftovers.

It made 84 F here and we won't get any of that front this far south.:mad:

GFs doing the cooking tonight. A beercan chicken w/ pot & veg. I'm making ice cream, fresh cranberry & strawberry.

I haven't a clue! All my meat is frozen at the moment so I have to figure out what I can put in the oven frozen! I may throw some chicken breasts in the oven. Not sure how I'll fix them yet. If I had more sour cream I'd make my mushroom Swiss chicken. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

I had a taste for wings so just got back from picking some up. They will be going on the grill in about an hour or so. I think with a blue cheese hot sauce.

I don't feel so nice tonight, but I had to brave up and cook. DA ate early; she had a tuna melt with bacon, French onion soup, and cut up pears, apples, and bananas. She went to bed early because her back hurts her.

Carl, Laki and Gwen are here. This is my support, along with DA! We had broiled cubed steaks, gravy, Laki's beans, and Carl surprised us all with macaroni and cheese! I'll make him post that. It was so easy and very good.

With love,
~Cat

I ended up throwing some frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in a baking dish with a can of crushed pineapple and Russian dressing. Baked it covered in foil. Stirred up a pot of brown rice and called it supper. There's ice cream and blueberry turnovers for dessert.

Partook in a nice little lunch potluck at work, so just grazing tonight.

Steve and I went off on separate errands today, and each of us came home with four artichokes!! Sometimes it scares me how we think each others thoughts. He was tickled he got his at the market at 2 dollars each till he heard I found mine at the dollar store for half that. :LOL:

No doubt we're having 2 artichokes and probably some oven chicken tonight, so that leaves 6 large artichokes in the refrigerator till I figure out what to do with the rest. They sure take up a lot of room in there. :ermm:

Left over pizza here. I sure liked the looks of Cara's curry though. DH won't eat curry, I love it, but cooking two different meals on a week night just isn't realistic for me, so maybe next time there are some musgoes he can eat them and I will eat curry! :)

We had hamburgers on whole wheat buns with all the fixings we like.

I finally found Haagen-Dazs ice cream at one of our local grocery stores. I couldn't find it all summer. So I bought some vanilla and we had some for dessert. Stirling had his with Chicoutai (cloudberry liqueur). I had mine with a bit of creme de cacao and triple sec. Oh yeah, that was good.

Back
Top Bottom