What's for Supper at your place this Saturday, 10-3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm going to make an italian sausage hoagie with onions, peppers and maybe even some melted mozzarella cheese on top. To go on the side, will be french fries and a pickle.

What about you?

Might be Brandied Chicken tonight. Either that or some pork chops. Dessert is going to be either banana bread or apple pie.

pizza, sausage, pepperoni, and on my half, mushrooms and onions (or we might make individual pizzas)

I've recently just started an online cooking school and I'm currently working my way through sauces and today I needed to make something with a veloutte sauce so I made a chicken stock using a basic mirepoix and chicken stock cubes and mixed this with a roux to create the veloutte and then reduced this down a little and added some sauted mushrooms in butter and cream. I mixed this supreme style sauce to fried cubes of chicken with sauted onion, carrot and peas and topped with a creamy potato mash :chef:

Photo is nothing special I'm afraid but it tasted delish :D

3977331283_be59de840f_b.jpg

Three hockey games, two football games and a baseball game.....so of course it is hot dogs with fried onions, and root beer! :LOL:

aforementioned pizza...

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 175
Just pulled a large baking dish of ground turkey lasagna out of the oven. Used the recipe on the back of the Barilla box, but, as usual, tweaked it. Added sauteed sliced mushrooms & chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley to the ricotta mixture, as well as sauteed chopped onions & garlic to the ground turkey. And of course extra shredded mozzarella & parmesan. It's just "setting up" now, & we'll be sitting down to enjoy it, along with a green salad & garlic bread, in about 10 minutes.

Fettuccine with a porcini mushroom sauce (garlic, shallots, porcinis, button mushrooms, etc.). Green salad to start.

I'm going to make an italian sausage hoagie with onions, peppers and maybe even some melted mozzarella cheese on top. To go on the side, will be french fries and a pickle.

What about you?
This was my hoagie. I didn't include the peppers. I basically made a cheesy garlic bread on a frech roll, then added the sausage with lightly sautéed onions and a sprinkling of italian seasoning. The french fries were left out, because the hoagie and pickle were enough.

img_854009_0_2eb88485bde431339360d8b617e97714.jpg

img_854009_1_551240a63f03036ad1ca824e0caacbaa.jpg

I've recently just started an online cooking school and I'm currently working my way through sauces and today I needed to make something with a veloutte sauce so I made a chicken stock using a basic mirepoix and chicken stock cubes and mixed this with a roux to create the veloutte and then reduced this down a little and added some sauted mushrooms in butter and cream. I mixed this supreme style sauce to fried cubes of chicken with sauted onion, carrot and peas and topped with a creamy potato mash :chef:

Photo is nothing special I'm afraid but it tasted delish :D

3977331283_be59de840f_b.jpg
So, you had a five-star chicken shepherd's pie!? Fancy Pants! :cool: I know most of what you were talking about. By the way, the photo is fantastic!

This was my hoagie. I didn't include the peppers. I basically made a cheesy garlic bread on a frech roll, then added the sausage with lightly sautéed onions and a sprinkling of italian seasoning. The french fries were left out, because the hoagie and pickle were enough.

img_854020_0_2eb88485bde431339360d8b617e97714.jpg

img_854020_1_551240a63f03036ad1ca824e0caacbaa.jpg

Lovely looking hoagie VB :D That would certainly hit the spot! I always think of Bonfire night in England when I see sausages in a roll with onions because I always used to make them together with hot soup and jacket spuds :)

So, you had a five-star chicken shepherd's pie!? Fancy Pants! :cool: I know most of what you were talking about. By the way, the photo is fantastic!

I actually said that to Ellen when she asked what we was having :LOL: It's a kind of shepherds pie but with chicken!! It's like learning a whole new language doing this online course but very very interesting and fun.

Back
Top Bottom