What's on the menu Thursday 7/19/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was coffee yogurt.
Lunch will probably be tuna salad and crackers.

If all goes well and as planned dinner will be Beef, refried Beans (homemade) and cheese enchiladas and Mexican rice. Not sure if there will be a veggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast was a cup of tea. I'd overslept and then lay in bed listening to the Classic Serial "- Dr Thorne" by Anthony Trollope - so I didn't get up until nearly mid-day! The joys of spinsterhood!

Lunch wasn't as I'd got up so late.

Mid-afternoon I was a bit peckish so had a slightly under-ripe Conference pear and some rather ripe Brie (great combination by the way)

Dinner will be a chicken breast with a coating of breadcrumbs and herbs and a little chili (but not enough to bring on my bad reaction), sourced at the butchers (they do their own) the other day and languishing in my freezer. It'll be accompanied by some fine green beans, blanched then finished off in the pan with butter and garlic in the way the French do it and ditto some carrots. Forgot to get potatoes yesterday so perhaps some pasta folded into the veg. Haven't christened the pudding/"afters"/dessert yet - it'll probably be fruit.

Bon appetit, everyone.

Whole wheat toast with brie. A large salad of garden greens, tomatoes, garden cucumber and french and blue cheese dressing.

The guys will have more sloppy joes and a large salad. Roasting beef which will be done tonight for late sandwiches or tomorrow's lunch.

I sometimes have a craving for the slop food seen in some Clint Eastwood western movies. Therefore, I might have canned Chicken Chow Mein and rice tonight. I have dried noodles and soy sauce.

Last edited:
Heading out shortly to the farmers' market and Aldi, so I may have options for tonight's meal. If not, we do have plenty of leftovers to finish off.

I stayed in bed until noon. I grazed the rest of the day. I fly to Las Vegas tonight, and then on to NYC on Saturday. Hello restaurant food.

CD

I've been craving chicken enchiladas topped with salsa verde, :yum: but the chicken wasn't thawed yet when I went to prep it before noon. That will have to wait for tomorrow.

I have lots of produce to use up anyway, so dinner will be a loaded up salad and fruit tray.

It's Friday here, pub night,lol. My local has great meat raffles on a Friday. Love Fridays, it normally ends with a burger and fries on the way home.

Russ

Chicken breast baked with sliced onion and green peppers in TJ's Island Soyaki here.

Lobster, Bush's Grillin' Beans, cole slaw.

Today's lobster price was $5.99 / lb., next week it will be $4.99 / lb. It's our reward for enduring New England winters.

I'm having steet-style tacos at Blue Mesa Grill at the airport. One of my fave restaurants in Dallas.

CD

Tonight was a summer garden extravaganza. First, I fried some catfish, then we had fresh sliced tomatoes, cucumbers mixed with onions and banana peppers in vinegar and oil, along with fresh corn-on-the-cob. What a garden's feast. All the veggies were compliments of Glenn's son, Kenneth.

This is the only time of the year I could even think of being a vegetarian. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheapy side salad from Mc.D's with sous vide NY Strip, balsamic vinaigrette.

Not bad for under a$9

AwoalrC.jpg

SO had a craving for chicken, broccoli and ziti so I made a batch-except I used penne because she thought ziti was too big.:-p Having done that, I thought I was golden. That is, until she told me the chicken pieces were too big. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom