What's on Your Plate Kate? March 7/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Today is poultry day and DH works tonight.

I am planning a salad with smoked turkey for lunch and homemade chicken burgers for him to take with him and me to have here. I make and grill the burgers early and then pack up the bun, patties and cheese separately. He gets condiments at work, puts it all together and microwaves it! I will do the same. They still taste amazingly fresh done this way. :)

So, what's planning to be on your plate?

Turkey, pesto, parmesan meatballs in tomato/red wine sauce over egg noodles.

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Temperatures expected to be in the 50s with plenty of sun.

I think I'll grill a pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. Perhaps I'll also bake a sweet potato and mash it with butter and brown sugar for a side.

That's a good one. May skip the sauce, though. The old pants are getting a bit tight these days:pig:

A great excuse to get new pants if you ask me.

Tonight we are supposed to go out for the "Farewell Dinner" for our Panama trip. I'll probably get some overcooked buffet pasta or a burger, that's been the usual fare. I'm going to bake today, haven't decided what yet, although likely cake something. I'll do all the fixings for a giant chef's salad and everyone can construct their own as they need to eat. Both my girls have to go out this evening and I'll likely be wanting something when I get home.

Romaine lettuce, red pepper, cucumber, celery, grape tomatoes will be the base.

Add ins will include: bacon chunks, hard boiled eggs, grated cheddar and maybe some gouda, diced chicken breast, olives, and the salad dressing of your choice.

I made potato frittata, with pesto, goats cheese and rocket. It was delish.

Et voila!

Attachments

• Potato Frittata.jpg
    Potato Frittata.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 242
Are you having any of your awesome sausages with that? :yum:

No.. Kathleen is doing some weird thing where she isn't eating meat on Wednesday and Friday.

And I have been cleaning out the basement and don't want to deal with anything complex.. KD fits the bill. :)

James bought me a quesadilla maker and it arrived today, so we will have quesadillas for supper. I will make a layered bean dip to go with it. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom