What's Sup? June 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Taco Tuesday, I made a new dish from a recent issue of Cooks Illustrated magazine - Tacos Dorados, or beef tacos with freshly fried corn taco shells. I also made Mexican street corn, aka elotes. I burned a couple of the shells, but it was still yummy and the corn was delicious. I seasoned the mayo/sour cream mixture with Penzeys Pico Fruta and fresh lime juice. 0612182010a.jpg

I bought some frozen TJ's tamales and I'm going to make a "blast from the past" 60's Mexican casserole out of them for supper tonight. :yum:
We might have Mexican rice, but for sure we'll have salads.
????? Do tell PLEASE. I like the TJ tamales. Haven't had them in awhile.

????? Do tell PLEASE. I like the TJ tamales. Haven't had them in awhile.

MsM, I pretty much winged it from memory. I cut the tamales in quarters, and stood them on end in a casserole, then added sliced black olives, some corn, a sm. can of diced chili's, green onions, and lots of cheese. Top the whole thing with a mix of green (or red) enchilada sauce
combined with a cream of something soup. Sprinkle the top with Mexican oregano and cumin. Bake at 350..you know the drill. :zorro:

Last edited:
MsM, I pretty much winged it from memory. I cut the tamales in quarters, and stood them on end in a casserole, then added sliced black olives, some corn, a sm. can of diced chili's, green onions, and lots of cheese. Top the whole thing with a mix of green (or red) enchilada sauce
combined with a cream of something soup. Sprinkle the top with Mexican oregano and cumin. Bake at 350..you know the drill. :zorro:
Sounds good did you take a picture? What flavor soup did you use?

Nope, no picture this time. I used cream of celery but any kind will work. By the way, the tamale's were mixed flavors..beef, chicken and chili cheese from TJ's. I used a total of 6. We have lots of leftovers from the two of us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom