"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #41
Master Chef

Agreed. I LOVE tacos.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #42
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Last night we had beef schnitzel with steamed brocoli and brussel sprouts, fried eggplant and a homemade mushroom sauce
never had beef schnitzel k....love sprouts,sounds good!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Thanks all for Anniversary Congrats. We are so happy to be in love for such a large part of our lives.

Barbara,
I went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch today too. I should have gotten the peach shake! Was it good? I went for the chicken strips today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I did Chick-fil-A for lunch too! The place was so packed and cars wrapped around the building and out the driveway! Ended up parking in a neighboring restaurant's lot and walking so just got sandwiches to go. Tonight I have a small London Broil out that will be grilled. Not sure what I'll have with it yet. I'm kind of in the mood for mac and cheese. Have baby spinach for salads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Spicy Chick-Fil-A.. D-Lux Sammich........
Big Waffle Fries.....
Brownie.......

Best quality fast food on the street....Impeccable friendly service!!!
sounds like a good place to go.is it like a kfc?what makes it so special...apart from the service as bob said.we only have kfc & copycat places over here.mind you,when kfc is good it is good!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #44
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Going for chicken shawarma tonight. I've had the chicken marinating since last night...
sounds exotic rock,what is it?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #45
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Tacos!!!
I had a mad taste for tacos tonight, so went out and bought everything I didn't have, which was everything but the sour cream, taco sauce and the cheddar cheese. Then I said to myself, man, it's costing 15 bucks to eat tacos tonight
man's gotta do what a man's gotta do pacanis!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #46
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
sounds like a good place to go.is it like a kfc?what makes it so special...apart from the service as bob said.we only have kfc & copycat places over here.mind you,when kfc is good it is good!
It was kind of a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." I can't speak for most of their foods, but I love their cool wraps, which have chicken, lettuce and sauce (I get the spicy ones). They sell sandwiches, breakfast burritos, chicken tenders, etc. One of the most popular things there are their waffle fries.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
It was kind of a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day." I can't speak for most of their foods, but I love their cool wraps, which have chicken, lettuce and sauce (I get the spicy ones). They sell sandwiches, breakfast burritos, chicken tenders, etc. One of the most popular things there are their waffle fries.
cheers babs!! just had a toot on their website,as i've never eaten there before i think i'd go for a tray....or 2.....or 3....y'know,just to get a feel for the place!! looks good & if the service is as good as bob says then that's half the battle!!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
Senior Cook

I'm so sad! There are no Chick-fil-a restaurants in Connecticut. (always wanted to try it)
Old 08-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #49
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cobean View Post
They are a chicken sandwich place. The sandwiches are wonderful, the corporate attitudes are deplorable. Google it, but as it is too political we won't discuss it here.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #50
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
They are a chicken sandwich place. The sandwiches are wonderful, the corporate attitudes are deplorable. Google it, but as it is too political we won't discuss it here.
I had to giggle at this Chick A Fil deal, how much has been said for or against it or opposing parties, without anything being said about politics or religion, free speech or corporate attitudes, because we can't say anything political or religious. Giggle giggle giggle.
It still made me laugh at the saying it, without actually saying it.

Anyways, Frank, this is your grandmother. I have to tell you, I made ham spread starting with baloney AGAIN. I've always thought it was too salty, due to the baloney. Yesterday I made a sandwich with a thin layer of ham spread and chopped up cucumbers (deseeded and peeled). OH it was just heavenly. Try it sometime, somehow the crunchy fresh cucumber with a thin layer of ham spread, just made it amazing.

Tags
eating