World Food Day Dinner - Monday Oct. 16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
World Food Day, eh??

We are having steamed artichokes (my part of the world) with a sesame oil dipping sauce (kinda Asia?) and Trader Giotto's garlic and cheese bread sticks (um...kinda Italy?) :ermm:

Ross

We had lots of peanut sauce leftover from our satay last week so decided to make spicy Thai shrimp tacos. Just as I took the picture, I remembered we were supposed to garnish with some cilantro, oh well!

Attachments

• 2017-10-16 19.21.08.jpg
    2017-10-16 19.21.08.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 154
By coincidence, I am supporting World Food Day by eating leftovers. No wasted food here, tonight. :)

CD

Thick pork chops is a matter of opinion. I picked up two that were close to 2" thick, so they were 40 minutes at 375 in the Breville on convection before they were at 140 F. I picked up "prepared horseradish" at the soopermarket, which is kind of like baby food. Not the sinus clearing stuff I remember as a child. There is a Eastern European food market across the river, so I'll have to pick up some of the real stuff.

At any rate Mrs. T liked the chops, as the butter kept them moist. I might do them again with mustard.

NY bone-in strip steak (grilled with hickory and mesquite smoke chips), Knorr's rice and pasta side. Salad not pictured.

strip_steak_101617_IMG_3285.jpg

strip_steak_rice_101617_1_IMG_3290.jpg

strip_steak_rice_101617_2_IMG_3293.jpg

I wanted to make a chicken-based soup using spinach; none of the recipes looked good to me unless I was short on some ingredients. Went to plan B and opened a can of Progresso chicken and dumplings soup. :LOL:

Instead, I spent my time cooking down some bacon (need drippings!) and making hard-cooked eggs. We had spinach salads, grilled ham & lacey Swiss sandwiches on rye, with homemade dill pickle and pickled lemony cauliflower alongside. Getting ready to make our late night snack: fresh blueberries and peach slices with a bit of vanilla ice cream.

Attachments

• 20171016_210206.jpg
    20171016_210206.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 121
By coincidence, I am supporting World Food Day by eating leftovers. No wasted food here, tonight. :)

CD

Best answer today. :punk:

I'm having a bunch of small bits of leftovers as well.

Leftover crudite with Italian salad dressing for dipping, leftover Korean bbq lettuce wraps, and leftover cheese cubes (pepper jack, cheddar, and swiss) with breadsticks.

We had scrambled eggs w/cheese (Mom had cheddar, I had Mexican blend with salsa on top of mine), sausage & cheese quesadilla, grapes, and a slice of pumpkin bread for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom